what will be the complaints on 11/17?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Yup, that's going to be on every fox body FB mustand group. A bunch of broke, backwood hicks who ask around for a used cam or beg for discount codes to LMR or AM....yet they think their opinion is greater than that of the design team of a billion dollar company.

Oh look....

cam2ofh.png

Ponyracer1

Established Member
They don't have a gun to my head. Why's everyone in this thread so pissy? Chill out. I'm not bashing, I'm just asking where the higher horsepower variant is. Someone stated this is a Boss/track car - Z/28 competitor. This isn't the Droid I'm looking for. It's really that simple.

This car is aimed squarely at the z28. Let the dust settle and I'm sure we'll see a gt500 variant aimed at the Hellkitten.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
God forbid someone be worried about "loss of power" in their V8 Fusion. No one(majority) is taking the current model 5.0 and GT500s on long, extended track runs. They're catering to the minority within the minority for once? what about the street where a majority of the trash talk starts and stops? Im just asking a valid question. granted I will never buy this car, i'd judt like to know why there is no monster HP variant for the streets.

Many people are taking the S197 5.0's to road courses. Id also expect to see many S550 5.0 and 2.3L ecoboost guys road course theirs as well.

We still dont know if there isnt a GT500 replacement down the line. Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. I highly doubt that, with the current media frenzy over the heralded 700hp Hellcat (even though there wasnt much when a mere 50hp less GT500 was debuted, I guess 700hp is some magical mark?), that there isnt a big power GT500 type car in the works.

Like most have stated, the GT350 is a BOSS level replacement. Theres nothing saying there wont be a GT500 level car in a few years.

And you never know, with better gearing, aero and a better powerband and RPM limit, a 500-550hp GT350 very well could tickle a 650hp GT500 from a roll. I know weve seen Boss guys do it to GT500's, they get the hit and dont have to deal with spin city, and by the time the GT500 guy gets his wind, theres just not enough to close the gap before shutdown. Id expect this situation to be similar.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
This car is aimed squarely at the z28. Let the dust settle and I'm sure we'll see a gt500 variant aimed at the Hellkitten.

Many people are taking the S197 5.0's to road courses. Id also expect to see many S550 5.0 and 2.3L ecoboost guys road course theirs as well.

We still dont know if there isnt a GT500 replacement down the line. Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. I highly doubt that, with the current media frenzy over the heralded 700hp Hellcat (even though there wasnt much when a mere 50hp less GT500 was debuted, I guess 700hp is some magical mark?), that there isnt a big power GT500 type car in the works.

Like most have stated, the GT350 is a BOSS level replacement. Theres nothing saying there wont be a GT500 level car in a few years.

And you never know, with better gearing, aero and a better powerband and RPM limit, a 500-550hp GT350 very well could tickle a 650hp GT500 from a roll. I know weve seen Boss guys do it to GT500's, they get the hit and dont have to deal with spin city, and by the time the GT500 guy gets his wind, theres just not enough to close the gap before shutdown. Id expect this situation to be similar.

+1

I actually think this was a smart move releasing this kind of car first

Last edited:

Prototype007

Established Member
This car reminds me of the 03/04 Mach 1. It's not the top of the Mustang food chain, but it's not the entry level V8 either.

This car will have its purpose, just like the Mach 1 did.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
It's obvious this car wasn't mean't to be the big horsepower car. It's called the GT350. The big power will come with the GT500 just like the 1960's versions. So all the upset people can calm down... it will be alright eventually.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's obvious this car wasn't mean't to be the big horsepower car. It's called the GT350. The big power will come with the GT500 just like the 1960's versions. So all the upset people can calm down... it will be alright eventually.

Werd. This car is the Boss version of the S550 platform.

I have no doubts that theres a GT500 variant coming down the pipeline.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wish that happened. Then I would have an excuse for going into serious debt to buy a 2015 GT350.

I think I might use that.

Get home to the wifey "yeah, umm........Ford pretty much, uhhh, put a gun to my head. Told me they would end it all if I didnt buy. Im pretty sure they used a Liam Neesen quote too. So I umm, yeah, had to do it baby."

Users who are viewing this thread