What will happen when the world runs out of oil?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Hydrogen is a HUGE untapped resource for fuel. The most abundant element in the universe. I've dabbled in building homemade hydrogen fuel cells for fun. Built at least 3 now, and you can to for dirt cheap. I've picked the brains of a few brain-iac's i know that have actually used pulse modulation devices at low voltage and low amps alternating between several frequencies on an oscilloscope that cause the atomic bonds to seperate through harmonic resinance. One of these guys in particular has a fuel cell + generator combo that powers his shop. The monthly bill for powering his shop is about 4 gallons of distilled water.....

There are many many alternate fuels out there. You just have big buisness driving them away to maintain high profits. That is sadly the world we live in.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
All I am absolutely sure of is this.

There will be all the gasoline I will ever want available for as long as I will be alive. And it is still cheap and plentiful.

So.......What? Me Worry?

I am not worried about it running out in our lifetime. Maybe it will be 200yrs from now, but most websites say 40-50. Time frame doesn't really matter, my point of the thread is what you guys think will happen when a very oil dependent world runs out of it, and how we will supply the energy needs of a fast growing population. Our cool collector cars will be worthless with no go juice to put in the tank! :(

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless the government outlaws fossil fuels, we will have enough gasoline for the next 100 years. After that, I don't care.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
We are slowly changing our habits already with synthetic oils and recycling plastic--both which help reduce oil consumption. As others have said--in 40-50 years this won't be my biggest concern.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Firstly, you can't predict when because there's going to be untapped and undiscovered reservoirs all over the world. Not to mention technology allowing higher percentages of recovery. Oil, NG, LNG, methane, etc.....there's still A LOOOOOOOT of 'fuel' left.

And for christ sake it's FRAC....not frack. You don't FRACKTURE rock....you FRACTURE it. As a geologist, that drives me nuts.

Last edited:

jcthorne

Established Member
Hydrogen is a HUGE untapped resource for fuel. The most abundant element in the universe. I've dabbled in building homemade hydrogen fuel cells for fun. Built at least 3 now, and you can to for dirt cheap. I've picked the brains of a few brain-iac's i know that have actually used pulse modulation devices at low voltage and low amps alternating between several frequencies on an oscilloscope that cause the atomic bonds to seperate through harmonic resinance. One of these guys in particular has a fuel cell + generator combo that powers his shop. The monthly bill for powering his shop is about 4 gallons of distilled water.....

There are many many alternate fuels out there. You just have big buisness driving them away to maintain high profits. That is sadly the world we live in.

Dude, you are so far out there in perpetual motion machine territory I don't know where to begin.

Hydrogen, as an energy SOURCE is non-existant on planet earth. There is no source of elemental hydrogen. It has to be produced from other substances, usually water or natural gas. The two main methods are electrical disassociation, using electricity to force the water to sepearte into oxygen and hydrogen. This consumes FAR more energy than is released when the hydrogen is consumed. The other is using a steam methane reformer to release elemental hydrogen from natural gas or other hydrocarbons. This is even less efficient but is more cost effective at the current time and is the method used to produce hydrogen in all current commercial applications including food grade.

Hydrogen is NOT an energy source, it is only an energy storage medium. Oh, and your 'buddy' is not powering his shop from distilled water, no matter what line of BS he has fed you.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be more concerned about running out of water than oil.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Dude, you are so far out there in perpetual motion machine territory I don't know where to begin.

Hydrogen, as an energy SOURCE is non-existant on planet earth. There is no source of elemental hydrogen. It has to be produced from other substances, usually water or natural gas. The two main methods are electrical disassociation, using electricity to force the water to sepearte into oxygen and hydrogen. This consumes FAR more energy than is released when the hydrogen is consumed. The other is using a steam methane reformer to release elemental hydrogen from natural gas or other hydrocarbons. This is even less efficient but is more cost effective at the current time and is the method used to produce hydrogen in all current commercial applications including food grade.

Hydrogen is NOT an energy source, it is only an energy storage medium. Oh, and your 'buddy' is not powering his shop from distilled water, no matter what line of BS he has fed you.

You mean to tell me this cold fusion reactor I bought from the guy outside Home Depot isnt legit??? FAWWWKK

Users who are viewing this thread