What would it take to see 9's with my car?

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
is there a fuel system in the car? if not your gonna need some upgrades there too....even by upping the boost only.
I have a dual walbro return setup that I'm about to change to a sumped tank and a-1000 external pump. -8an feed -6return fore rails,aeromotive regulator. 60lb injectors should be good because I'll spray a wet shot.

Sounds like you have not ran it at the track yet. If this is the case you really need to save the cash and just run it the way it sits and figure out the car and your week points. If you can't drive it into the 10.50s the way it sits with a drag set up you will not get it in the 9s with another 100rwhp. You should buy a set of big and littles with a 28" slick and get to the track. Don't add any power until you have gotten it to its max potential the way it sits.
Exactly what I plan on doing! Like I said earlier I'm focusing on perfecting the car as it is before more boost and spray. If I can't hook and drive 620hp I sure won't be able to with 700+. I'm looking for some good bigs and littles now. That's pretty high on my list for the next thing to get.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I have a dual walbro return setup that I'm about to change to a sumped tank and a-1000 external pump. -8an feed -6return fore rails,aeromotive regulator. 60lb injectors should be good because I'll spray a wet shot.

Exactly what I plan on doing! Like I said earlier I'm focusing on perfecting the car as it is before more boost and spray. If I can't hook and drive 620hp I sure won't be able to with 700+. I'm looking for some good bigs and littles now. That's pretty high on my list for the next thing to get.

sounds good. thats the right attitude to have as well. So many people just go...oh Ill just add 4-5psi and Ill be good. If you cant make 600 stick, 700 will be worse....exactly! You'll be just fine :beer:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
You know I just noticed something... Most all of the people running 9's with a eaton have silver cars! Maybe I just need a eaton so I can join my family! Lol

iBiTe03

Established Member
Haha

Still waiting on details for the new setup Joe
Ya'll will find out within a month or two...I will be making a thread about it.
You know I just noticed something... Most all of the people running 9's with a eaton have silver cars! Maybe I just need a eaton so I can join my family! Lol
Yes, silver and eaton go well together.

Users who are viewing this thread