What would it take to see 9's with my car?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Since you are trying to be an ass, just ask the guy who posted above you to post videos of his 9.xx runs with his miracle :-D

he is jealous of cobras and wants one real bad. he posts these big remarks to make up for what his 370d lacks.

i doubt he will be around much longer, svtp will sponsor him a free vacation.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Nitrous if you plan on keeping the stick in there. Spray the house down on my some sort of progressive kit.
Exactly what I was thinking!

Should be possible if you can get around 690 to the wheels
I figured about the same. Maybe a 100 shot!

9 seconds with a cobra..........you will need a miracle.....and a new car.
Hahaha I'll spank that piece a shit of yours now like it is! Poor ricers...:nonono:

superman

Established Member
Hmm ditch the IRS or add a 100 shot to it and that's if you can get your 60's down to 1.45 or better probably. You'll pretty much need to run a 28" slick also.

There's only been like 2 or 3 2.3 Whipple cars to run 9's I think so you're setting a pretty high goal for yourself.

What gears and if I was still running my 2.3 Whipple with the 6 spd I think I'd go with 4.10 gears for the track with a 28" tall slick. That should be about perfect for that combo.

Good tune, run the car cool with ice in the IC resevoir, and powershift as best you can. Let us know how you do.

I have been a 10.20 but i have an SRA. I have never been able to leave hard because of it spinning(about 2,800 to 3,000 rpm's). I had a 26 x 10 full slick. Just purchased a set of 28 x 10's going to try it out this weekend(1/8 mile). I might not have enough gear but will let you guys know how it went.:shrug:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
What gears do you have in your car? I'm still on 3.55's so I would think 28" is a bit big fer me.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
put an Eaton on it....:dancenana:

haha....awesome goal though man. Cant wait to hear about hitting it!

full weight...I would deff gear the shit out of it and add power. Like most have said...700whp, a good tire and hella shifting can do it.

Last edited:

superman

Established Member
What gears do you have in your car? I'm still on 3.55's so I would think 28" is a bit big fer me.

3.55's--only been able to cut consistent 1.50 to 1.53 sixty foot. leaving soft and spinning in 2nd. if too much tire will either go with a 3.90 gear and keep the 28 x 10 or go back to the 26 x 10 and keep the 3.55. Running tomorrow so i will let you know how it goes.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
put an Eaton on it....:dancenana:

haha....awesome goal though man. Cant wait to hear about hitting it!

full weight...I would deff gear the shit out of it and add power. Like most have said...700whp, a good tire and hella shifting can do it.

Ahhh the man himself! Lol

Well I'm thinking about 3.73's and a 28" slick. Im thinking that would be decent but I may do 3.90's like op said. I'm probly gonna be doing a 100 shot pretty soon to help out. I posted up in the termi section asking a few questions about what nitrous kit and stuff but ol Jimmy pulled the search crap on me so I didn't find out anything... What nitrous kit do you use and would it work on a whipple set up?
How much heavier do you think my car is than yours like it is now? I haven't weighed it yet..

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Ahhh the man himself! Lol

Well I'm thinking about 3.73's and a 28" slick. Im thinking that would be decent but I may do 3.90's like op said. I'm probly gonna be doing a 100 shot pretty soon to help out. I posted up in the termi section asking a few questions about what nitrous kit and stuff but ol Jimmy pulled the search crap on me so I didn't find out anything... What nitrous kit do you use and would it work on a whipple set up?
How much heavier do you think my car is than yours like it is now? I haven't weighed it yet..

3.90s would be smart imo on a 28" tire. the more gear the better to get the pig movin.

if your car is full weight (3665lbs)...Im about 665lbs lighter....lol. I get it done with nasty 60's and 1/8 times....the first half. My car is a dog up top.

with the heavy car and non drag suspension you need the power to get there. I run a Dynotune Nitrous kit. Its been on the car since 2005 and I still use all of the original pieces.

Before you go blowing a bunch of money....set the car up to run and get out there to baseline where its at. The 100 shot is going to drop you around .3-.4 and add 4-5mph my guess. So you gotta get that beast to at least 10.50s before I would worry about n2o.

pump up the boost, use good gas and get it down the track and let us know how it goes!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Yea I don't plan on spending any more cash right now until I get the car lined out the way it is. I'll be building my IRS up next week, putting my tubular a arms on, coilovers and getting a good set of bigs and littles. Before I try for 9's I'll have a 4lb lower and 109 race gas. My tuner said my car should make close to 700 just with the gas and 4lb so maybe that and a 100 shot I'll have close to 750 or so... Maybe more, I won't know until I do it. I bet I could put a stalled auto in it and run single digits if all else fails!

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yea I don't plan on spending any more cash right now until I get the car lined out the way it is. I'll be building my IRS up next week, putting my tubular a arms on, coilovers and getting a good set of bigs and littles. Before I try for 9's I'll have a 4lb lower and 109 race gas. My tuner said my car should make close to 700 just with the gas and 4lb so maybe that and a 100 shot I'll have close to 750 or so... Maybe more, I won't know until I do it. I bet I could put a stalled auto in it and run single digits if all else fails!

is there a fuel system in the car? if not your gonna need some upgrades there too....even by upping the boost only.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
theres a 9 sec m6 eaton only car out here, just gutted out, and set up right....oh he also drives the shit out of it lol.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnARYVk9TDs"]YouTube - Fastest No Nitrous Ported Eaton 03/04 Cobra [email protected]!!!![/nomedia]

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Sounds like you have not ran it at the track yet. If this is the case you really need to save the cash and just run it the way it sits and figure out the car and your week points. If you can't drive it into the 10.50s the way it sits with a drag set up you will not get it in the 9s with another 100rwhp. You should buy a set of big and littles with a 28" slick and get to the track. Don't add any power until you have gotten it to its max potential the way it sits. It should run some mid 10s with a good 60ft time. Practicing will help you more then upping the power.

So first off try and run some 10.50s as it sits with a drag setup. Once you have done this add the lower pulley and race gas and go for 10.20s. Once you have done this add some juice. and get that 9 second slip. :burnout: good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread