• Look around for better deal

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Wait it out

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Keep the 03 Ranger FX4 and continue making payments, roughly owe 5k on vehicle, or trade in Ranger for an 04 Cobra (two actually that im considering) and keep my payment roughly the same and get better gas mileage and the car ive wanted for a while. I found these two on Yahoo autos, what do you guys think?
Details of Used 2004 Ford Mustang, Columbia, MO - Yahoo! Autos

and this one.... My favorite color next to Sonic Blue

Details of Used 2004 Ford Mustang, Blue Springs, MO - Yahoo! Autos

My monthly payment wouldnt increase since the price i was originally financed for for my truck was about the same as both, do you guys think i should go for it?
Im stable at work with no possibility for lay offs, (i work for a public utility) and this car is something that ive wanted for a while and im at the point in time where i could actually afford it
http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
How do you owe 15K on an 03 Ranger? I just looked up a KBB value on one and its roughly $8000 for one that has 50K miles on it.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Last edited:

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
So you want to get ~20k deeper into debt for something that will only depreciate on you? (Regardless of how awesome of a car it is.)

Pay off the Ranger and save your money and pay cash for a Cobra.

Edit: I just noticed you have a 95 Cobra, too. There is no logical reason to buy another 'toy car' when you already have one and it would mean sacrificing your Ranger. I imagine Missouri gets some shitty weather and that is when the Ranger will come in handy instead of having to drive 1 of 2 Cobras. If you want an 03/04 sell the 96 and put that money towards one.

Last edited:

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Your monthly payment might remain the same, but you're tacking on another 3-5 years of payments. Plus the increase in insurance.

I say keep the Ranger, pay it off, and save money to put towards a Cobra later on down the road.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Pay off the Ranger and keep it as a DD. My DD is payed off, its really nice having a reliable DD that you owe ZERO dollars on. Do you still have the 95 Cobra? If you do you could sell it, use the cash you get from the sale as a good down payment and wait for a good deal on an 03 Cobra. Maybe wait another year or two so you can use the money you get from selling the 95 to pay off the balance on the Ranger and use the rest for a down payment on an 03.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Pay off the Ranger and keep it as a DD. My DD is payed off, its really nice having a reliable DD that you owe ZERO dollars on. Do you still have the 95 Cobra? If you do you could sell it, use the cash you get from the sale as a good down payment and wait for a good deal on an 03 Cobra. Maybe wait another year or two so you can use the money you get from selling the 95 to pay off the balance on the Ranger and use the rest for a down payment on an 03.

Yeah im thinking the same thing too. I think i just got bit last night looking around, especially finding a Comp Orange. I own the Cobra and almost own the Ranger. Thanks for the info guys

NoRdO

Established Member
or trade in Ranger for an 04 Cobra (two actually that im considering) and keep my payment roughly the same and get better gas mileage and the car ive wanted for a while.

Don't expect to get better gas mileage lol. I went from a 99' ranger to a 99' cobra and my gas mileage went down. The 03/04 cobras get even worse mileage.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Don't expect to get better gas mileage lol. I went from a 99' ranger to a 99' cobra and my gas mileage went down. The 03/04 cobras get even worse mileage.

Well, my buddies 04 Coupe which has 550 rwhp still gets 22-23 on the highway, my Ranger doesnt get anywhere near that. I know that has a lot to do with driving habbits but i drive like an old woman

Users who are viewing this thread