What would YOU do?

Tkaugh29

Established Member
Ok so, My dilemma is:

My cobra is a 10th ann. low miles (12,3xx), mint condition, and fairly stock (x pipe, catback, upper pulley, steeda air filter and rims are basically the only mods.)

I have the mod bug, but I keep getting cold feet whenever I am planning to buy something because I dont want to ruin the rare-ness of my car. I do plan to keep the car for a while and I keep thinking about when its time to sell, it would be nice to have a low mile, close to stock cobra.

What do you guys think I should do...what would YOU do? Im not looking for any right answer, im just trying to see different opinons and if I can see the situation from a different point of view.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
You already have intake, tune, exhaust, and pulley. You might as well keep going as far as mods go LOL.

I kept all my stock stuff like my blower and everything else. In case, I do decide to sell I can swap that back on and sell my Kenne Bell and other things aside.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
^+1
Go Whipple because its ford but you already broke that plane of rareness IMO!!

Besides what fun is it if you r worried about trying to keep its value up. MOD IT UP MANG!!!! :beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I got over that real quick. If u don't mod it more likely than not u will get tired of it. At least that's the case with me.

20psirabbit

Established Member
buy it to drive it i always say....
realistically it depends on your long term plans for the car. i don't plan on selling mine for a long time, so i don't care. i bought it to mod it into what i want. if you do want to sell it or might, then you might not want to go mod crazy.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
If you want to keep it low mileage then stop driving it now cause you already have too many. It will be a long time if and when these cars become valuable. You can always by a cobra you can beat on.

The more you mod the more you will single out certain buyers. Regardless if you keep all your stock stuff an honest seller will disclose all information about the car so even if you mod it and take it back to stock the buyer will risk buying a car that was beat on.

Honestly who puts a whipple/kb/turbo to not beat on it. A kb/whipple/turbo car will not increase the value of the car it will increase the asking/selling price of the car to the right buyer. Keeping it stock will maintain the value.

Up to you I personally would mod it. Don't sell it cause there is always a different set you can go with and make stupid power when you get tired of a certain set up.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Your too far along with mods imo. completely stock is what the weird nuts buy at barret jackson. If its missing a few stickers that have worn out or pealed off that could affect the value dramatically. Me personally if i was going to have a car like that it would have 1 mile and all the fluids drained and be bubble stored for 30 years. Thats how you make a boat load of coin.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I say mod it and save all of your stock parts. You probably didn't buy the car as an investment. You probably bought it becaus it is a performance car and you wanted to have some fun with it. Mod it the way you want it and enjoy. Just my Opinion.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I see no point in not modding it. Have fun with the car. I think these cars may eventually go up in value but not for a very long time. So screw it and do what you want to it.

Users who are viewing this thread