What would you do??

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
+1 on what mineralgrey01gt said. Never buy a car from a friend, if you want to keep on being friends. And your buddy may be a great guy, but if the car is built like you say, then its been run hard, too. You might well end up replacing something major because it has been run hard.

Plus, your truck looks great.

Jim Snover

buying a buddies car is buying his problems IMO. Id never buy a car from a friend personally. Just keep the truck. Id have more fun in a fast truck than a fast car, much more surprising when you kick someones ass on the street with it.

david068513

Established Member
My fault OP what about a LS1 6 speed 3rd gen?
It's get a t56 and a blown small block. :rockon:
Id keep the truck as well, its a damn clean truck IMO, you will be hard pressed to find another.

If you want a Fbody, find one for cheap (my buddy got a 02 Z28 for $3400 because it wouldnt pass smog, relay for the smog pump was blown) and build it up yourself. Buying a pre-modded 10 second car built by someone else and claiming it as your own would be like marrying a chick thats already preggers and having to take care of the kid as if it was yours. Plus even if you knew the owner and car likely youll be going through and redoing a bunch of shit per your standards.
that's a good idea. I just like lower miles. His car has 44k miles on it.. I'm bad about miles.
we do what we can do.

but you dont post much...which still kinda makes you noobish, we will let is slide if you post pics. ill recommend to the mods that you dont get banned.
lol
Its based on post count, not join date.....

:lol:
I see that.

david068513

Established Member
+1 on what mineralgrey01gt said. Never buy a car from a friend, if you want to keep on being friends. And your buddy may be a great guy, but if the car is built like you say, then its been run hard, too. You might well end up replacing something major because it has been run hard.

Plus, your truck looks great.

Jim Snover
thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking I might just keep the truck and through the turbo kit on and take some people's money and records.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
that's a good idea. I just like lower miles. His car has 44k miles on it.. I'm bad about miles.

Im opposite when it comes to miles.

Me, I see 44k in a moderately modified vehicle thats someones weekend racer, and I know if it was my weekend car, it would be RAPED every one of those 44k miles. If I gotta drive a boring slow daily 5 days a week im coming home and going for a long spirited drive Saturday and maybe even Sunday, and there will be WOT pulls and cornering shenanigans involved as much as possible.

david068513

Established Member
Im opposite when it comes to miles.

Me, I see 44k in a moderately modified vehicle thats someones weekend racer, and I know if it was my weekend car, it would be RAPED every one of those 44k miles. If I gotta drive a boring slow daily 5 days a week im coming home and going for a long spirited drive Saturday and maybe even Sunday, and there will be WOT pulls and cornering shenanigans involved as much as possible.
good point. I see it has built trans, motor, and rear though that hasn't really been driven but 2k since it was done
wheres the pics?
no pics

david068513

Established Member
Keep the truck and save up for another F-body. They're dime-a-dozen cars.

true, I actually think I'm gonna save up and do a 80's c10, finish my third gen and turbo the truck and be done with it. F bodies will always be around and cheap even built. the trucks alittle harder and more expensive to find or redo.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You cant buy a performance car thinking it hasnt been ran hard before

slick4_6

Established Member
Change out those 22s for 18s or 20s, put a hitch back on it, and magnacharge it. Does it scrub over speed bumps because the wheel and tire package rubs the fenders or is it that low to the ground? It doesn't look that low. I love my cobra but don't know if I could keep it over the Lightning if I ever had to choose.

david068513

Established Member
Change out those 22s for 18s or 20s, put a hitch back on it, and magnacharge it. Does it scrub over speed bumps because the wheel and tire package rubs the fenders or is it that low to the ground? It doesn't look that low. I love my cobra but don't know if I could keep it over the Lightning if I ever had to choose.

It's that low. The frame will catch on big ones if you don't hit it right. :banana: Can't put a hitch on it cause the regency roll pan, it will get a turbo before the magnacharger.

Users who are viewing this thread