What would you do??

david068513

Established Member
I own a very nice Regency Sierra with 57k miles. Its mint and beautiful and I was gonna sell it and pick up a friends built ls1 f body and have money left over. I've never had a ps1 car and always wanted one. I'd have enough left over to pick up a nice daily or something. Maybe even finish my project car. However it's hard to find a nice truck here andill never be able to replace it.if I keep it ill be putting a KB Turbo kit on it and going forethe 4.8 stock block record

What would you do? Its not a daily driver just a nice weekend ride. The ls1 car I want is a friends and built , heads cam intake k member. susp. Built trans. Went 10.3 on a 85 shot.

Here are pics of the truck

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I'd keep it if I were you. Much more you can do with a truck. The F-Body is a single purpose car. The truck can be used for many things. Just my .02

david068513

Established Member
I'd keep it if I were you. Much more you can do with a truck. The F-Body is a single purpose car. The truck can be used for many things. Just my .02

Truck isn't really a truck anymore lol. 4/6 drop and no hitch cause the regency roll pan. I love the truck and have thrown little things in the back cause it has a bedliner but I can't tow or put anything big in it cause it will bottom out. Hell it rubs on speed bumps.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I'd keep the truck, yes it isn't as practical anymore but its nothing that can't be reversed to make the truck a little more practical (raise it a couple of inches). But I'm a little bias since I own this...
Photo1472.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that you should keep it. Why not keep it like it is and enjoy it for weekend cruising and take the money you'd invest in a build to set the record and instead apply that towards a second vehicle down the road? That is one awesome looking truck. I'd keep it! JMO.

boatcop1

Established Member
I would keep it as well. You have something different and very tastefully done imo. I've always had a soft spot for fast trucks:rockon:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
buying a buddies car is buying his problems IMO. Id never buy a car from a friend personally. Just keep the truck. Id have more fun in a fast truck than a fast car, much more surprising when you kick someones ass on the street with it.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Honestly, keep the truck. You would not find another one that looks as good as that if you decided you wanted another one. If you were to come to car shows around here you would walk away with a lot of awards. That truck is beautiful. Also everyone that I have known, Including Myself, has gotten rid of their F-bodies. They are fun for a little while but you tire of them quickly.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Take it from some one who has been in this situation several times over the years. Keep the truck, and build the ls1, don't be with out a decent ride.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I was thinking about this the other day. These guys are pumping out 600 HP cars straight from factory these days. How far are they going to be able to take these cars in the future? 1000 hP stock gt500? Is there a ceiling here?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
david, since you are still sort of new ill help you out. anytime you ask for advice on SVTP, you must post a pic of wife / GF....then some of your sisters, if you have any...and your sisters BFF's...and since you mentioned your friend, then same goes for him. pics of wife / GF and sisters...and moms if they are hot.

dont let this happen again.

its in the rules.

going forward, failure to comply = instant perm ban

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
david, since you are still sort of new ill help you out. anytime you ask for advice on SVTP, you must post a pic of wife / GF....then some of you sisters, if you have any...your sisters BFF's...and since you mentioned your friend, then same goes for him. pics of wife / GF and sisters...and moms if they are hot.

its in the rules.

perm ban

I was waiting on the rules to be enforced her. Outlaw99, thanks for looking out for this new guy, its nice to see elder members taking care of the young members. I really commend you.:rockon:

david068513

Established Member
buying a buddies car is buying his problems IMO. Id never buy a car from a friend personally. Just keep the truck. Id have more fun in a fast truck than a fast car, much more surprising when you kick someones ass on the street with it.
I know his car well. No real problems. I've worked on it plenty.
Take it from some one who has been in this situation several times over the years. Keep the truck, and build the ls1, don't be with out a decent ride.
I don't have a LS1 I have the 4.8 truck and a third gen camaro. I was thinking of selling the truck for a ls1 car.
I was thinking about this the other day. These guys are pumping out 600 HP cars straight from factory these days. How far are they going to be able to take these cars in the future? 1000 hP stock gt500? Is there a ceiling here?
what?

david, since you are still sort of new ill help you out. anytime you ask for advice on SVTP, you must post a pic of wife / GF....then some of your sisters, if you have any...your sisters BFF's...and since you mentioned your friend, then same goes for him. pics of wife / GF and sisters...and moms if they are hot.

its in the rules.

perm ban
I've been on here since 2008. :banana:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Id keep the truck as well, its a damn clean truck IMO, you will be hard pressed to find another.

If you want a Fbody, find one for cheap (my buddy got a 02 Z28 for $3400 because it wouldnt pass smog, relay for the smog pump was blown) and build it up yourself. Buying a pre-modded 10 second car built by someone else and claiming it as your own would be like marrying a chick thats already preggers and having to take care of the kid as if it was yours. Plus even if you knew the owner and car likely youll be going through and redoing a bunch of shit per your standards.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I was waiting on the rules to be enforced her. Outlaw99, thanks for looking out for this new guy, its nice to see elder members taking care of the young members. I really commend you.:rockon:

we do what we can do.

I've been on here since 2008. :banana:

but you dont post much...which still kinda makes you noobish, we will let is slide if you post pics. ill recommend to the mods that you dont get banned.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
we do what we can do.

but you dont post much...which still kinda makes you noobish, we will let is slide if you post pics. ill recommend to the mods that you dont get banned.

I just hope the big boss doesn't see this thread, Ill never forget my first ban for not posting pics. 1 month and that was with a lot of begging and pleading from all the guys over in the SD forum to get me back. OP listen to us when we say Pics or ban.

david068513

Established Member

I've been here longer then you. :dw:

:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread