what would you get if you got rid of your cobra?

L3thal 324

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
2005 Crossfire SRT-6 Roadster
Not if...when. ;-)

1938-5.jpg

I thought you were joking?? oh well that thing should plenty fast for a GIRL!!! j/k anyway you know who to give err...... i mean sell that KB to. oh and the parts got in except the x pipe which is on back order so everything is going great.
ARmadno

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Uhhh, now that I'm looking closely at the SRT-6, it is begging to be lowered!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Man, some of you guys, I guess it says alot for the Cobra, alot of you are saying if you got rid of your Cobra you'ed get a Viper. I know one thing is for sure, if I could afford a Viper, like all of you seem to be implying by saying you'ed get one if you got rid of your Cobra, I'd do it as soon as I possibly could.

jguerrero

Established Member
Ive thought many times about getting a viper, not a new one, but a late 90's early 00's GTS or ACR.
But then I think about it some more, and think to myself, why would I want to pay more for a car that is 7-5 years older my own, in worse shape, and slower than the one I have now. That is usually what holds me back.
Do you think my logic is good?:shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by jguerrero
Ive thought many times about getting a viper, not a new one, but a late 90's early 00's GTS or ACR.
But then I think about it some more, and think to myself, why would I want to pay more for a car that is 7-5 years older my own, in worse shape, and slower than the one I have now. That is usually what holds me back.
Do you think my logic is good?:shrug:

It sounds good enough to me... The only thing I'd be able to swing is a 92/94 RT/10 at this point which of course I'd much rather have a fresh 03 Cobra which is as fast as the Vipers of old.

Its funny though, it kind of contradicts that logic alot of people here have by saying they'ed still rather have a stock Viper or Z06 over a modded 03 Cobra. Thats not a logic I go by though of course, just thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
I have some bad Chrysler experiences also, I agree they look good but it's the same shit in a different wrapper. I would want a SL 600 if I sold the Cobra.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTCOUPLE
I have some bad Chrysler experiences also, I agree they look good but it's the same shit in a different wrapper. I would want a SL 600 if I sold the Cobra.

Well as far as the SRT-6 Crossfire is concerned, its an SLK chassis, with an AMG SLK 32 power plant and suspension, which would mean, if you dont like the Crossfire for the fact its a chrysler, there's absolutely no way you could like any Mercedes because thats what the Crossfire is.

Cant speak on behalf of Chrysler's other products though, but let me tell you, like I told jguerrero, 10 years ago I would agree, Chrysler reliability left something to be desired, but times have changed, esspecially with Mercedes intervention. Hell half chryslers line up were developed by the German company.

Just like Honda's and Datsun's in the 70's were compreable to a tin can with wheels, now Honda's and Nissans, are supposed to be some of the most reliable cars you can buy. (of course thats debatable).

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
I will agree they have improved, but there is a huge difference in a SLK and an SL600. I am going by my own experiences with several Chryslers, my last was a 2001 300M, the motor I have no complaints about but the window motors were replaced 3 times in 10000 miles and then they said they would not replace them anymore ? they would work for a day or two then stop. The dash cracked within 2500 miles and they wouldn't fix it. The transmission failed at 30000 mi and 10000 mi later the second transmission was about to go. The lights flickered randomly which of course they wouldn't fix. Mercs involvment may have helped but I can't help but think all the other Chrysler touches are there. Buy whatever makes you happy I do like the looks of the Crossfire vert but I will never buy another Chrysler, the quality and customer service IMO is poor at best. It's a real shame I was a diehard Mopar fan in the late 60s, now I am a Ford fan.

stangfreak

Established Member
damn too many cars to choose from. a viper with a blower, roots of course, would be insane. then again i would love to get my hands on a 5.0 and throw on a HUGE turbo. or a 00 cobra R.

actually my dream car is a civic crx with the mighty stock engine that produces 82hp:rockon:

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
I am currently in the process of selling the Cobra :(

To get a Mercedes S55 AMG Sedan :)

Users who are viewing this thread