what would you pay?

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
what would you pay for a mint condition 2003 Cobra convertible with less then 1000 miles on it that is bone stock? if you were going to buy a car and you wanted to put a Whipple with supporting mods on it would you buy one already modded with 40k for miles on the body and 11k miles on the aluminator motor or a cobra with less then 1000 miles and add a whipple if the car was the same price?

Last edited:

terminator04

Established Member
Basically what I am trying to say is.... Would you rather buy a bone stock 2003 dsg vert with 1k miles for $29k OR buy a 2003 whippled dsg coupe with 10k miles on the bult motor for around $32K?? What is the most money you would pay for each car?

Last edited:

terminator04

Established Member
i would buy the low mile stock one first and add my own mods.

The only thing about the buying the stock one is that I am going to put another $25K into it all said in done. That is why I would prefer to buy one that already has everything I want on it to save $25K

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Personally I wouldn't pay that much for either. Personally I like coupes better but I really like DSG verts and would pay 28 most for it

terminator04

Established Member
Personally I wouldn't pay that much for either. Personally I like coupes better but I really like DSG verts and would pay 28 most for it

I like coupes better too but a lowered very with the right wheels looks good. You would pay 28k for the bone stock one?

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I wouldn't pay a fine over 24k for either, but I would wait and find a whipped DSG with a little more miles for around 19-22k.

87poopstang

Established Member
stock one n add whipple that's what I did...piece of mind knowing what is done and done right bc u did it

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I like coupes better too but a lowered very with the right wheels looks good. You would pay 28k for the bone stock one?

Something with close to 1k miles stock yes I would pay that much. Mine had add ons but was mostly stock. I did a lot to mine and have a better peace at mind.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
$25-27k for the 1k mile Cobra.

Whipple it, and enjoy the project.

Keep in mind, when buying someone else's Cobra you may inherit issues that go along with that car.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
If your gonna mod it anyway then buy it with the Whipple!Just make sure you do a leakdown/compression Test.also make the sure it has all the supporting mods!Good luck (I'm A coupe fan)

2004Droptop

Established Member
Both seem a little over priced... but I would probably go with the "built" car as long as it is well known or documented. When I bought my car I went the other way, planned to spend x amount of $'s but spent a whole hell've a lot more. Man it is a tough call, like op said... you build it you know it well.

Oh yeah... I really like 600+ hp with the top down

Last edited:

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
Buy a stock one and do the mods yourself. That's what I did. Bought my 04 coupe w/ 980 miles on it for 25k

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unless you know the owner of the modded Cobra or know it's history (ie. how it was maintained and driven), you have a lot of questions you need to ask the seller. Like why was the Aluminator installed? Was the car raced? If so, how often? Was it street raced? If so, how often? Ask to see maintenance and repair receipts. Do a leakdown test. You want to be absolutely certain that the motor is 100% healthy.

You're saying that you plan to invest another $25K in mods if you buy the stock Cobra. That's a lot of money. What mods are you planning? IF the modded Cobra's motor is healthy, that is probably your best choice. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread