What would you trade or sell your current car for?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My friend down here just bought a 1997 convertible Camaro with 90k miles in silver and although it’s a V6 it’s clean.
We went through the car yesterday and after he pumped up the tires everything seemed good except for the drivers side front signal bulb.
He’s taking it in to his friend that’s a mechanic and he’s going through everything for a reasonable fee.

He bought the car off of his neighbor who can’t drive anymore for $200.

This guy always gets lucky with used cars. Has a beautiful top of the line Lincoln Aviator and a late 80’s Cadillac Alante.

I would have bought this Camaro.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I'm re-thinking my original post on Page 2. What would you trade or sell your current car for?
Although I originally said that I had no plans to sell my 2023 G70 because there was really nothing out there of interest to me (gas powered performance sedan wise), I'm going to amend that by saying if I could afford it, I would definitely consider selling my G70 to get into a 2025 BMW M4 Competition AWD coupe. 520 ponies and 0-60 in 2.8 seconds (maybe a bit better with the extra 20hp it gets in 2025) would be a hell of a lot of road fun. This is definitely my favorite BMW model. And I do like Brooklyn Gray Metallic paint.

2025-bmw-m4-coupe-rear-three-quarters-motion-3-65b935e81e852.jpg

2025-bmw-m4-coupe-front-65b935f0111c0.jpg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Because she paid for it.....part of having a awesome wife
I periodically tell my fiancee she should buy a Terminator convertible.
Me: We'd have his and hers!
Her: Yeah right. More like his and his.
Me: Well, yeah, but I'd have to let you drive the convertible if it's "yours."

LS WUT

Established Member
I periodically tell my fiancee she should buy a Terminator convertible.
Me: We'd have his and hers!
Her: Yeah right. More like his and his.
Me: Well, yeah, but I'd have to let you drive the convertible if it's "yours."
Hahaha yeah man. My ladyfriend is the same way. She’s like we have his and hers. Even wanted to get matching plates. “HISSVT HERSVT”. I said that would be weird if I’m at the track driving the black coupe racing and the license plate says that. LOL

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
So I'm re-thinking my original post on Page 2. What would you trade or sell your current car for?
Although I originally said that I had no plans to sell my 2023 G70 because there was really nothing out there of interest to me (gas powered performance sedan wise), I'm going to amend that by saying if I could afford it, I would definitely consider selling my G70 to get into a 2025 BMW M4 Competition AWD coupe. 520 ponies and 0-60 in 2.8 seconds (maybe a bit better with the extra 20hp it gets in 2025) would be a hell of a lot of road fun. This is definitely my favorite BMW model. And I do like Brooklyn Gray Metallic paint.

2025-bmw-m4-coupe-rear-three-quarters-motion-3-65b935e81e852.jpg

2025-bmw-m4-coupe-front-65b935f0111c0.jpg
I like the description of the car Bob, but after looking at the pictures I can't get past how pronounced BMW has made their grills now.

It would look better if BMW stopped the grill at the bumper (where the LP is) and then had the lower grill come all the way across.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
As much as I went back and forth on trading in my 19 Raptor for a TRX the switch just wasnt worth the upgrade cost to me. Same applies to a Raptor R for that matter, if anything Im with everyone else and will just add vice trade or sell. Whatever I pickup is gonna be something I will be putting miles on, one garage queen (Cobra) is enough for me.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
As much as I went back and forth on trading in my 19 Raptor for a TRX the switch just wasnt worth the upgrade cost to me. Same applies to a Raptor R for that matter, if anything Im with everyone else and will just add vice trade or sell. Whatever I pickup is gonna be something I wont avoid putting miles on, one garage queen (Cobra) is enough for me.
I’m with you there. We bought the hellcat in 2021 for $60k with 9k miles 1 owner that’s OTD, tax, etc. We had talked about trading it for a Trackhawk. When they told us the value of the hellcat now is $38k-$42k I laughed my ass off. I haven’t seen one that cheap at all unless it’s rebuilt title, lemon, or a lot of accidents. So it wasn’t worth the bother honestly. I know the market is so up and down, and with them not being produced anymore I’m sure the value will rise. At this point no reason to sell for me, if it’s a $38k I’ll take it. A mustang GT these days is $55k, I’ll stick with my hellcat. Just throw a widebody kit on her and call it good.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I’m with you there. We bought the hellcat in 2021 for $60k with 9k miles 1 owner that’s OTD, tax, etc. We had talked about trading it for a Trackhawk. When they told us the value of the hellcat now is $38k-$42k I laughed my ass off. I haven’t seen one that cheap at all unless it’s rebuilt title, lemon, or a lot of accidents. So it wasn’t worth the bother honestly. I know the market is so up and down, and with them not being produced anymore I’m sure the value will rise. At this point no reason to sell for me, if it’s a $38k I’ll take it. A mustang GT these days is $55k, I’ll stick with my hellcat. Just throw a widebody kit on her and call it good.
Yep, you can't trade anything in. Dealerships are like the drive thru. And we all know what you get at the drive thru. Just ask Leo Getz.... LMAO!!!

I understand it's a business but damn. Give me nothing for my trade in, but then want $10K or more ADM over MSRP????

Yeah, piss off dealership....

LS WUT

Established Member
Yep, you can't trade anything in. Dealerships are like the drive thru. And we all know what you get at the drive thru. Just ask Leo Getz.... LMAO!!!

I understand it's a business but damn. Give me nothing for my trade in, but then want $10K or more ADM over MSRP????

Yeah, piss off dealership....
I’m all for making money, I was just surprised the decline in value. Unsure how true it is, however it’s my lady friends dream car so it won’t be leaving. The ADM always makes me smile. Someone in here said it best. The “have to have it now” mentality works for some, not for me. I’m patient.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the description of the car Bob, but after looking at the pictures I can't get past how pronounced BMW has made their grills now.

It would look better if BMW stopped the grill at the bumper (where the LP is) and then had the lower grill come all the way across.
Lexus and others also have more pronounced grills now, as well. Even the current gen GT-500 has a more pronounced grill. The same-color horizontal piece does little or nothing to "split" the opening visually. I actually prefer the larger BMW grills over the smaller ones. Those who buy these BMWs surely like them. That's why we have car model choices. So that we can buy what we like, and like what we buy. ;)

Rare40th

Established Member
A three year old car and it's already a beater?

Well not really, I dont give it the love it deserves. It's actually been a great car and for some reason better than the 2015 I had a few years back.
Just hit 61k miles on it, however by 35k miles it had the catalytic converter replaced under warranty and I counted a total of 12 CEL's before the dealership finally decided to replace the catalytic converter on it lol.
Has Peterbilt stickers over the subaru ones and a tall semi style shifter to make it feel like a Peterbilt lol

Attachments

• IMG_9453.jpg
    IMG_9453.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread