What? Yet another MACA car being sold??

Tims97SVT

Established Member
It sounds like his car. I thought his had less miles on it. I know he sold it to a dealer just not sure what dealer. I'll ask him and find out. I got the vin off the web page for the car. If it is the car I'm talking about I can give you some slight history on it. Nothing bad at all.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
It sounds like his car. I thought his had less miles on it. I know he sold it to a dealer just not sure what dealer. I'll ask him and find out. I got the vin off the web page for the car. If it is the car I'm talking about I can give you some slight history on it. Nothing bad at all.

I bought it from Twin Pine Auto, in Ephrata (near Lancaster PA). They didn't tell me the previous owner's name, but said that the guy was a friend with a stable of toys that was constantly changing...

There sure can't be much history to tell, good or bad. The thing is bone stock and was barely driven!

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Awesome Tim! Although I'm of the unstriped but who cares what I like. What are the mods if any? I know I'd already have some parts or have ordered some loL!

Well, since I just gained 50HP over my '03, there's really not much need for any performance mods for a while (famous last words, right?). I'll probably do a few appearance mods first...

The simple ones will be replacing the stock fuel fill door and removing a "Shelby" cover from the third brake light - the only two mods made by the previous owner! After that, I'll get it tinted of course, and probably put the louvers on the rear window. Been looking at exhausts on-line, but I'm kinda diggin' the factory sound right now. Oh, and I need to figure out a plan for mounting the front plate, too.

Jeez, I'd better start making a list already! :rollseyes

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
My work must have it blocked for some reason...daggonit.

I snapped a pic of it before Tim cleaned it.

ugly-mustang.jpg

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Tdoh excellent choice....so now I have a GT500 close to me! LOL!

I ain't sure what you guys are smoking but, GT500's need stripes...that's what makes them a GT500. Stripe Delete takes away the charcter! I used to be a stripe hater too but, this car needs them....They just look plain without them! However I wish the stripes were painted on not tape.

Yeah um..I said no mods this time either and in less than 6 months I have put $4300.00 into the car with another $7000.00 to $10,000.00 to go. Wheels, gauges, tint, blower upgrade and the mods to go with it...

I spent some of today detailing and hope to finish this weekend..and have the car ready for the MACA GTG! Hope to see your new beast there!

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Totally agree with you on the stripes, Mike. Here's my best argument...

Mr. Carroll Shelby thought they belonged on the car, and I don't really feel like I have the credentials to second-guess his design. But that's just me!

As for the exhaust, I also agree with Kent that the Ford Stingers probably have the best sound for the car, but I've decided to go with something quieter this time around. My '03 sounded too much like it was stretching itself to get past you with the Borla Stingers on it. I was thinking the Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back might be the one for me...something that is MUCH prettier than the stockers, but you won't hear coming for a 10 block radius, you know?

What do you think, Kent? Is this the pipe I'm looking for??

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
Totally agree with you on the stripes, Mike. Here's my best argument...

Mr. Carroll Shelby thought they belonged on the car, and I don't really feel like I have the credentials to second-guess his design. But that's just me!

As for the exhaust, I also agree with Kent that the Ford Stingers probably have the best sound for the car, but I've decided to go with something quieter this time around. My '03 sounded too much like it was stretching itself to get past you with the Borla Stingers on it. I was thinking the Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back might be the one for me...something that is MUCH prettier than the stockers, but you won't hear coming for a 10 block radius, you know?

What do you think, Kent? Is this the pipe I'm looking for??

Mr. Shelby don't like quite!!! The Felby sounded awesome. You wont hear as much with the coupe. Stingers or Bassani!

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Tim, its funny you were only but at most 40 mins from me where you got it! Congratulations once again.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Mr. Shelby don't like quiet!!! The Felby sounded awesome. You wont hear as much with the coupe. Stingers or Bassani!

What? You're not gonna say SLP?

That's the only exhaust I heard you recommend in OC! :rollseyes

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Listen to the blue vert at the 0:34 mark.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhUABlDeBBY"]YouTube- SVT Superfest rollout[/nomedia]

Name that exhaust.:D
(I was spinning the tires to get the VIR gravel off).

Users who are viewing this thread