whatched a Z06 & GT500 race

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
my 2 nephews raced at atco on sat. 11.11@127 for the Z06 and GT500 10.86@127 w/1.58 these guy's have been B/Shittin back and forth since Jan. about who's going to win.with more seat time (Z06) the vette would get better,my guess 11.0 with a good 60' so GT500 all the way.by the way,Z06 mods/tune/pipes/tires/ and the GT500 evo stage2 w/3.73's and dr's. all in all GREAT race and I loved the exitement.

Kostas

Established Member
Do you know what was the 60' of the vet? More and more i realize the 60' is a very (if not the most) important part of the 1/4" mile race. Nice times too!!

chuckstang

Established Member
Do you know what was the 60' of the vet? More and more i realize the 60' is a very (if not the most) important part of the 1/4" mile race. Nice times too!!

Do you have any larger pics of your car- looks like a cool black on black

SLGT750

Established Member
my 2 nephews raced at atco on sat. 11.11@127 for the Z06 and GT500 10.86@127 w/1.58 these guy's have been B/Shittin back and forth since Jan. about who's going to win.with more seat time (Z06) the vette would get better,my guess 11.0 with a good 60' so GT500 all the way.by the way,Z06 mods/tune/pipes/tires/ and the GT500 evo stage2 w/3.73's and dr's. all in all GREAT race and I loved the exitement.

Lookin at your signature it should be the uncle woopin up on both the nephews:rockon:

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
been there done that.and besides I sold my car in 08.now I'm running a GT 4.6 NA 12teens and ready for high 11's

Kostas

Established Member
Do you have any larger pics of your car- looks like a cool black on black

I took this one with my cell phone. You cant really tell from the pic, but only the face of the spokes is balck. The rest is alloy, and the lip is chrome. Thanx
1259317060.jpg

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
After three years I finally got to line up with a C6 Z06 that dynoed 533 on the same dyno I dynoed my car on (545whp). It had a built motor with full exhaust, no blower or spray.
My only advantage was I had on my 305/18" MT radials and he was on 19 street tires because I know the driver and he can drive pretty well. I figured this might even the playing field some but It was a waste. He couldnt get traction for crap, even going easy till third and romping it.
All the Vette boys around here just come to the strip to spectate and talk junk and I finally work out a race and it was just lame.
He did try to talk me in to leaving the strip and doing a 70mph roll. Ha Ha!
Sorry to ramble.
Drag pack sound like you have taught your nephews a thing or two about driving these heavy pigs. Great race! Im sure it looked mighty close from the stands. :beer:

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
After three years I finally got to line up with a C6 Z06 that dynoed 533 on the same dyno I dynoed my car on (545whp). It had a built motor with full exhaust, no blower or spray.
My only advantage was I had on my 305/18" MT radials and he was on 19 street tires because I know the driver and he can drive pretty well. I figured this might even the playing field some but It was a waste. He couldnt get traction for crap, even going easy till third and romping it.
All the Vette boys around here just come to the strip to spectate and talk junk and I finally work out a race and it was just lame.
He did try to talk me in to leaving the strip and doing a 70mph roll. Ha Ha!
Sorry to ramble.
Drag pack sound like you have taught your nephews a thing or two about driving these heavy pigs. Great race! Im sure it looked mighty close from the stands. :beer:
it was great to watch but it was all 500 from word go.the Z06 didn't have a holeshot for that 500.both kids can drive very well,but the vett needed more seat time with his launch,and the 500 has it down to a science....by the way congrats on your victory.what times did you guy's run.

Last edited:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I ran a 7.5 and he ran a 8.5ish at 90mph I think (1/8mile). :bored:
I was just wanting a good race because Ive been waiting for a while to race one. Interestingly enough he made about five passes and never got better than a 8.2 so I could have beat him on street tires. In fairness the track sucks and it was his first time in this car. I did expect a lame ET from him with a 100mph trap though. :read: :rockon:
Ive got a lame vid, Ill try to post.

Sorry to hijack

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Here is the Vid, please excuse the quality. Wish the camera person got more of the Z06.
If it looks like he got me out of the hole, its because he left on the first light to F with me (-.75X r time) and to make it look more like a race to the spectators that were there to watch this race. Ha Ha, it didnt work.
[ame=http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/stripedelete/?action=view&current=000_0353.flv]Shupes Z06 < GT500 video by stripedelete - Photobucket[/ame]

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
he left on the first light to F with me (-.75X r time) and to make it look more like a race to the spectators that were there to watch this race.
Yeah you can plainly see the red light. Looks like you drove right around him in second gear though.

Users who are viewing this thread