Whatever it's worth

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
Isn't that what owning a Mustang means? Affordable performance, with an aftermarket to make up for any and all shortcomings?

good thing they make the base and gt models correct? for affordable performance. :beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
for me i would rather pay more and have greater performance. also i would rather have a special mustang that could not be had by all. giving the keys to a brand new mustang shelby to every kid who makes 2000 a month and lives in an apartment does not appeal to me. :bash: :bash:

+1 :beer:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
damn, i never knew a $4-5k price increase broke the camels back when just $4-5k less was considered affordable. everyone talked about how great of a deal the terminators were, how they were the working mans affordable performance car. but, oh shit! a $4-5k increase just made the working man go broke when he could relatively easily afford $4-5k less! you people just dont make much sense. your just blowing it way out of proportion. and i doubt the vette is really gonna steal too many potential 500 customers considering its a 2 seater. the number of seats are VERY important to modern customers since all you hear about in the car mags is storage space(they even knocked the ford GT for lack of cargo space). the point is that people buy mustang cobras because they are relatively affordable, seat the family, and are more practical than a vette.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Pretty hard to call a 500hp car practical. That is why I think the cars will drop quickly to normal prices. There just aren't that many people buying 500hp cars, even if it is a good deal and says Shebly on the trunk.

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Pretty hard to call a 500hp car practical. That is why I think the cars will drop quickly to normal prices. There just aren't that many people buying 500hp cars, even if it is a good deal and says Shebly on the trunk.

Go up to almost any guy and ask him about a GT500. Some of the younger people will bring up Gone in 60 Secs; some will talk about racing in the 60's. Fact is this is a "dream car" even if it's not the original. How many people do you think Fantasize about owning a GT500, not to mention some of our older people who missed the opportunity. If Ford built 50k of these they would sell them all. :rockon:

GTWill

Established Member
04SCRMINYLWVERT said:
Go up to almost any guy and ask him about a GT500. Some of the younger people will bring up Gone in 60 Secs; some will talk about racing in the 60's. Fact is this is a "dream car" even if it's not the original. How many people do you think Fantasize about owning a GT500, not to mention some of our older people who missed the opportunity. If Ford built 50k of these they would sell them all. :rockon:
I firmly believe that Ford will produce as many GT500s as the market demands. 10K-50K whatever it takes. Thats what they're saying and that is what is most profitable.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
damn, i never knew a $4-5k price increase broke the camels back when just $4-5k less was considered affordable. everyone talked about how great of a deal the terminators were, how they were the working mans affordable performance car. but, oh shit! a $4-5k increase just made the working man go broke when he could relatively easily afford $4-5k less! you people just dont make much sense. your just blowing it way out of proportion. and i doubt the vette is really gonna steal too many potential 500 customers considering its a 2 seater. the number of seats are VERY important to modern customers since all you hear about in the car mags is storage space(they even knocked the ford GT for lack of cargo space). the point is that people buy mustang cobras because they are relatively affordable, seat the family, and are more practical than a vette.

Yea and for another 4-5k you can have the performance of a vette, do you see where it puts people? They want performance for their dollar, the additional 4-5K means that its now reasonable to look at the additional cost and performance offered by the vette. And while its true that folks do appreciate the additional seating provided by the Mustang, how many baby boomers do you know that need those additional seats? The seating might be a big seller for a few possible buyers, but realistically if seating was that much of a priority most buyers would look elsewhere

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
and if it outpreforms the vette on a road course?

i for one am glad everyone can not afford one. i cant afford one, but i will not devalue the car because of this fact. good job ford is all i have to say. :rockon:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
and if it outpreforms the vette on a road course?
i for one am glad everyone can not afford one. i cant afford one, but i will not devalue the car because of this fact. good job ford is all i have to say. :rockon:

Then Good job Ford, theres nothing like undercharging and overdelivering.

chuckstang said:
The gt500 will outperform the base vette I think.
The 03/04 did.
:rollseyes the GT5 MIGHT, the 03/04 didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread