What's A CARROLL SHELBY Dash Signature worth on resale ?

onebadf150

Established Member
lets say for an example you had a Ford GT and had carroll shelby sign the dash do yall think it would add any value to the car upon resale ??

what type of car or truck would it be worth something or is it something just cool to have?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd get a quote for the removal of the signature and have that deducted off what I was paying for the car. Dash signatures are cheesy and tacky, IMO.

homer302

Banned
His signature and .35 will get you cup of coffee at the Quikie Mart. If I had something he signed I might hang it over my commode in the garage.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I don't know that I would consider it any more valuable than any other vehicle.

The guy seems to put his name on anything...

SVT4ME

Established Member
First, how do you even prove it's real. Joe the Plumber may have sign for Carrol. So I say zip, zero, nada or the big goose egg.

darkhorse276

Established Member
I would only pay more if it was on something he had absolutely nothing to do with. Like a 1982 Datsun. If you could get him to sign one of those, you deserve the money. Otherwise, nothing.

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
Yeah, his names on everything......don't know how much value that holds anymore. Maybe if he didn't sign everything you could say it was worth something.....regardless, someday his name will be worth a pretty penny, but I doubt it's in our lifetime

homer302

Banned
Yeah I don't quite get it. He has mega millions of dollars and if you give him $250 he'll sign your balls.
He's pretty much a sig-ho at this point.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
after he croaks and you have documentation of him signing your car then maybe. but as stated above, signed dashes are cheesy

ssssnake

Established Member
My owner's manual for the '69 GT-500 is signed by him, also my Shelby Registry. When I laid out the original window sticker, he said, "What in the world is this?" He was very careful signing the old, tattered sticker, but he did it. I really don't care what they're worth - I'm just happy to have them signed by him and to have met him. Don't care what others think about him either, I just know he's the one that designed my beautiful car.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
What if it was only like Carro l l S h e ......

Like if he croaked while doing it because that sucker is liable to croak any minute? I bet it'd be worth more then.

I kid, I kid

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Imo, in the near future it should be worth a little more than non signed Shelby cars. He is a legend.

Users who are viewing this thread