What's For Dinner Thread

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Just made the list, got a recipe you prefer???
Not really. I looked at a few to see what if any differences there were. They are all pretty much the same. I liked the version when I used Merlot instead of Pinot Noir, it was a little more wine tasting. I used three cups of beef broth and two cups of wine, if I used Pinot Noir again I would do a 50/50. Also use thick cut bacon like a Wrights brand.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Speaking of Hot Sauce...I picked up some of that Truffle Hot Sauce both the mild and the hotter..not bad at all. It has a good flavor to it.
The boss had got some of that before, not bad. I forget we even still have it.
Im just happy we have actual Sriracha sauce again. Weve been dry for about 3 years and its just starting to make it back on the shelves, we made due with the imitation "rooster sauce" but red jalapenos and sugar just wasnt the same. My bro got me a Sriracha cookbook last Christmas and I thought I would never get to use it lol.
I heard that somewhere, and if you could find it, the prices were insane. We have a big ass bottle of it in the fridge. Certain hot sauces for certain things. Tabasco isn't my favorite, but love it on eggs and breakfast stuff.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really. I looked at a few to see what if any differences there were. They are all pretty much the same. I liked the version when I used Merlot instead of Pinot Noir, it was a little more wine tasting. I used three cups of beef broth and two cups of wine, if I used Pinot Noir again I would do a 50/50. Also use thick cut bacon like a Wrights brand.
tenor.gif

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Love that! I grew up in Chicago the Italian sausage was killer. In Texas not so much but where I work we have a plant in Chicago and every once in a while I have the shipping manager send me ten pounds of it from there to get my fix! It's so much better than anything here.
You just have to make your own... my family gets together and makes about 250# every year or two. When I run out, I drive down to Dallas and get some at Jimmy's!

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
You just have to make your own... my family gets together and makes about 250# every year or two. When I run out, I drive down to Dallas and get some at Jimmy's!
Making it sounds to much like work!
I see you are in Little Elm, I work in Carrollton off of Frankford.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Making it sounds to much like work!
I see you are in Little Elm, I work in Carrollton off of Frankford.
It is a two day process usually, but a fun time with the family. Really the worst part is the cleanup, everything else is easy and fun.

Since you're that close though, Jimmy's is hands down the way to go for anything Italian though!

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
It is a two day process usually, but a fun time with the family. Really the worst part is the cleanup, everything else is easy and fun.

Since you're that close though, Jimmy's is hands down the way to go for anything Italian though!
I agree, I've been there a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread