Local 46
Established Member
20180728_150343.jpg

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Conchas? Look good.
Made from scratch? Is it a sweet bread? Do you put jam or butter on it?
Conchas are a Mexican sweet bread. They use a dough that has a good amount of butter and is rich, like Brioche. Then on top is a shortbread crust that you can cut a pattern to look like shell. Hence the name concha, which is shell in Spanish.

Yes, homemade by me. Been a baker the last 20 years. They pair perfect with a cup of Ibarra hot chocolate.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Saw venison at my local grocer for 29 bucks a pound the other day so I passed. It was imported from Australia. Still have never had venison.
Yikes thats alot, was it grind or a specific cut??? Fancy store here has game meat as well, will check their price per pound to compare.

I passed on a few last season but the one buck I tagged filled both my fridge freezers to max after giving a bunch away. I keep them pretty full (meat/veggies) usually so I am probably going to get a dedicated chest freezer and stop passing up on shots because of space.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Saw venison at my local grocer for 29 bucks a pound the other day so I passed. It was imported from Australia. Still have never had venison.
It's yummy. My friends who go to Mi usually bring us back some. Last night was nice strip steaks, asparagus on the Blackstone and a salad. Tonight is a big hunk of Salmon, a veggie and a salad. I'll do the fish on the griddle.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yikes thats alot, was it grind or a specific cut??? Fancy store here has game meat as well, will check their price per pound to compare.

I passed on a few last season but the one buck I tagged filled both my fridge freezers to max after giving a bunch away. I keep them pretty full (meat/veggies) usually so I am probably going to get a dedicated chest freezer and stop passing up on shots because of space.
Not sure. The price scared me away from reading the details on the package. I might see if I can find a local butcher shop(if they even exist anymore) or maybe try online.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
It's yummy. My friends who go to Mi usually bring us back some. Last night was nice strip steaks, asparagus on the Blackstone and a salad. Tonight is a big hunk of Salmon, a veggie and a salad. I'll do the fish on the griddle.
Just learned that Blackstone makes a 36" griddle with an Airfryer combo, you got any opinions on that model??? The reviews on their site make it look like its manufactured and shipped like hot garbage and it doesnt get any better after its assembled. Seems to require some Jerry-Rigging too, I was about to pull the trigger on one sight unseen until I read all that.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just learned that Blackstone makes a 36" griddle with an Airfryer combo, you got any opinions on that model??? The reviews on their site make it look like its manufactured and shipped like hot garbage and it doesnt get any better after its assembled. Seems to require some Jerry-Rigging too, I was about to pull the trigger on one sight unseen until I read all that.
Sorry, I don't. Never even seen one. We have a separate air fryer inside.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, I don't. Never even seen one. We have a separate air fryer inside.
Did you buy assembled or have it shipped to your home then assembled, any credence to all the negative reviews on build/ship quality???

*Apologies for the slight de-railment.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Did you buy assembled or have it shipped to your home then assembled, any credence to all the negative reviews on build/ship quality???

*Apologies for the slight de-railment.
I put it together. Mine is great, no issues. I picked it up from Tractor Supply, it's a Blackstone 2124. Heavy as hell due to the cast griddle.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Never made them. That said, best ribs yet from above.
Just do this... but when I was little in OKC we had Johnny Burgers that was exactly this but added yellow mustard and pickles. Absolutely amazing and what I'm going to have tonight. I do toast my buns though instead and I use Brioche instead of potato, but to each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread