whats my 03 10th vert worth?

fastsnake99

top down, chrome spinnin'
Established Member
well after all the hard work to get the car looks like i might have to sell it. car is a clack 10th anniv cobra convertable with 10k miles, tinted windows, 18in chrome wheels, steeda shifter,magnaflow cat-back. got a dui monday night driving drunks home from my house blew a .07 and a .09 where the legal limit here in california is .08.. bummer but looks like i might be selling the car. wanted to see what you all thought it would be worth

shaun:bash: :cryying:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
1. get a lawyer. you've committed a heinous enough act to require representation. It will minimize your damages. The judge and the states attorney are both members of the bar. showing up with your own member of the bar goes a long way. this is a huge clique and you're not part of it. protect yourself.

2. if its your first dui, call it a lesson learned, pay your fine, go to traffic school or whatever, and get over it.
2a. if its not your first dui you dont deserve the car anyway.

this is a problem you need to throw money at. good luck.

Last edited:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
What shelby guy says-I get a lawyer anytime I get any type of moving violation. He goes w/ or for me and usually gets the fine reduced or eliminated w/ no driving school, only probation. I've even been on probation and received two tickets while I was still in the probation period and my lawyer got my probation doubled instead of convictions.
Judges are more lenient to offenders w/lawyers b/c they used to be laywers and they appreciate seeing there own kind get paid. Get a good lawyer and always keep your mouth shut. You'll be fine, I've had friends who have gotten out of 1 or 2 of them and just had to pay some hefty fines w/ some community service.

For God's Sake don't sell the car-It didn't do anything wrong. Think about it-it'll probably end up in some foster home, start smoking at 13 and be in jail by 15. For God's sake man, let the car be. Practice waxing it while you can't drive.

AAAHHHHHHHH

fastsnake99

Established Member
ya its my first dui, wasnt driving reclaus or anything they were just waiting down the street after they broke our party up for people leaving. pulled like 4 of us over they all blew around.05 i just happend to be the unlucky one who finished my last beer at the wrong time while trying to be the designated driver.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you end up losing your license (don't know how strict Florida is with DUI) I can understand why you would want to/need to sell your car. A lot of us forget how much money (loan + insurance) we pay per month to drive a Cobra. For some it's tight to begin with. It doesn't then take much for thoughts of selling it pop into our heads. But selling these can be a financial nightmare because the resale on the '03/'04s are way down. That can be a double whammy for those with a tight budget because what you get on a sale might not cover your loan balance. So my advice to anyone thinking about selling is think it over carefully before you make a rash decision either way. JMO FWIW.

fastsnake99

Established Member
ya financially im not ina bind . my dad loaned me the money and i dont have to pay in back till after college. but in cali here ill have a restricted license for 4 months just what sucks will be insurance cause i know it will skyrocket and my dad wont pay it if it goes up.just sucks cause i was only driving 2 blocks to drop people who were way to drunk to drive off

Users who are viewing this thread