Whats Next????

Scarpino

Established Member
Well, with tax season arond the corner....Looking for opinions on what should be next. Now remember, I can only get 1 thing right now .

Accufab

C&L Plenum

Drag Slicks/Rims

Idler pulley set-up

I will be lowering her in about 2 weeks (which I have been saying for a while now) and will be installing T-bars when I do and a DS saftey loop at the same time.

If there is something else you may suggest, please feel free to add.

I figure my budget will be around 300.00 +/-

The rest of my return will be spent on the house: i.e. painting (God I hate painting....I would rather take a shot to the manhood than paint)

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
slicks dont listen to anyone else.

whats the sense of upgrading the truck to make more power if you cant use it? i hate how i cant hook up to save my life in a race id be screwed at this point. you dont wanna be in the same boat smoke shows are only cool for so long

i recommend nitto's its what ill be using

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
If you're a track rat, slicks. If you're not a track rat but like to hit the track on occassion and find yourself in the occasional street contest yopu might want to consider DR's.

If you don't have any gauges are are willing to sacrifice a performance mod for the sake of safety and piece of mind you might want to invest in a wideband, fuel pressure or AeroForce Interceptor scan gauge (which you can then wire to support a wideband and fuel pressure gauge).

LSUstang05

Established Member
slicks dont listen to anyone else.

whats the sense of upgrading the truck to make more power if you cant use it? i hate how i cant hook up to save my life in a race id be screwed at this point. you dont wanna be in the same boat smoke shows are only cool for so long

i recommend nitto's its what ill be using

Nitto doesn't make slicks. They make Drag Radials, which are worthless. Whoever they are made by.

Get slicks, but get Hoosier QTP's. They are actually slicks and not a drag radial. Drag Radials are decent on the street, suck on the track. And they don't last long on the street (read 12-15k miles MAX).

Scarpino

Established Member
I alos think that is alittle over budget....due to the cost of the parts plus tuning time on the dyno.

I guess he didnt look at my sig. Oh well. Slicks it will be. I only go to the track about 4 times a year. So of course they will be sitting more than they will be used.

But hopefully I'll be able to cut a 1.5 60' with good trackprep.

Last track outing was 1.9 60' on Toyo's and PB in sig.

thanks guys.....

Users who are viewing this thread