What's one thing someone told you about a car that made you think "What?"

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I went to get a battery for my mustang after the original Motorcraft lasted me 11 years. I was going to purchase an Optima, and one of the store employees said "I'm sorry sir, but your charging system on your Ford Mustang is not designed to charge this battery, and is not compatible." I was a little surprised to say the least considering I personally know people who run the Optimas without issue in their Mustangs. Ended up getting a lead acid replacement instead somewhere else.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Every time my buddy and I get to talking about cars and he mentions the turbocharged 6 cylinder in his work cruiser (LEO version of a Dodge Charger without the 5.7 HEMI, he's a city cop)...

I just let it go...It's easier that way...

CV355

_
Established Member
I was at one particular car show in '07 where I got in a little argument with a guy over his Mustang. He had an intake manifold that I had been thinking about buying, so I figured I'd ask him about it. He kept pointing to the alternator and saying "supercharger." I thought he was kidding at first, or maybe he was going to install a supercharger at some point. Nope, he genuinely thought that the alternator was a supercharger. *shrug*

edit: And yes, I have seen the tattoo some guy got on his arm that is an alternator where he thought it was a turbo.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL...I had an autozone kid tell me his SRT4 was making over 500 HP with upgraded turbos on stock fuel system.....

another time at an O'Reilly's I was checking out when a guy in an Hellcat pulled up, the kid at the register said here is one of them Bobcats..cheesy, but I chuckled.

Voltwings

Established Member
Several, good God could i fill this thread.

A recent that is my favorite was a guy telling me boost increases the compression ratio, and that's why you have to run E85 ... Said 10 psi of Boost took his car from a compression ratio of 10:1 to 17:1.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Goober in an R/T Challenger at O-Reilly's trying to impress the counter girl going on about all the gauges the car has. She had a pretty good comeback that her WRX has a boost gauge, he responded with "I have an oil pressure gauge, which is like the same". I couldn't contain my laugh, and her eye roll was enough to make it very awkward, he didn't waste much time leaving.

Recently had a guy get pissy as he was bragging to others about his special edition GT500. Simply asked when Ford released a 6cyl GT500. Told me I should learn about Mustangs, and he wouldn't honor my request to open the hood.

SirShaun

Established Member
Saw this just yesterday. 1000hp per liter, gonna be great they said.

Attachments

• TunersWTF.JPG
    TunersWTF.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a low mileage Ford Tempo many moons ago for a winter beater. The girl I bought it from told me the starter was recently replaced. I thought "OK, thanks".
Well I drove it to work the next day, and when I got off work I went to unlock the door and the key doesn't work. It won't turn. Try the other door and same deal. I called the girl and she immediately gives me an attitude. "I told you, the starter was replaced!" To which I replied "Yes, you mentioned that, but what's that got to do with the door?"
Before she even got the words out of her mouth I realized she was dumb as a stump. I asked her "You replaced the starter, or the ignition switch?" She just said "Yeah, that's the same thing" with an attitude once again.
I just hung up and went back into work to grab some tools to get myself into my piece of shit Tempo.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I was a freshman in auto shop in high school and a junior in my shop brought in his brother's stock 05 mustang gt that had a hood scoop. He was bragging to everyone in the shop how the hood scoop lets in an extra half pound of boost. I was dumbfounded lol.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
LOL...I had an autozone kid tell me his SRT4 was making over 500 HP with upgraded turbos on stock fuel system.....

another time at an O'Reilly's I was checking out when a guy in an Hellcat pulled up, the kid at the register said here is one of them Bobcats..cheesy, but I chuckled.
Reminds of all those 03 Cobra guys claiming 800 with just turbo and stock fuel.

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I bought a low mileage Ford Tempo many moons ago for a winter beater. The girl I bought it from told me the starter was recently replaced. I thought "OK, thanks".
Well I drove it to work the next day, and when I got off work I went to unlock the door and the key doesn't work. It won't turn. Try the other door and same deal. I called the girl and she immediately gives me an attitude. "I told you, the starter was replaced!" To which I replied "Yes, you mentioned that, but what's that got to do with the door?"
Before she even got the words out of her mouth I realized she was dumb as a stump. I asked her "You replaced the starter, or the ignition switch?" She just said "Yeah, that's the same thing" with an attitude once again.
I just hung up and went back into work to grab some tools to get myself into my piece of shit Tempo.
Lol I was expecting the "starter" to be the key.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Saw this just yesterday. 1000hp per liter, gonna be great they said.

LMFAO! This reminds me of a night several years ago when me and some buddies just got back from the track one night and we were sitting in our old Foxbody Mustangs when a guy pulled up in a black late 90s Cavalier with a couple of his buddies. He got to talking with us and said he had ran a 12 second 1/4 with his car and was just getting ready to buy a 1,000 horsepower for $1,000.00 kit for his car. I just looked at the guy and said I wouldn't be able to run with his car after he put that on his car...............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Had another experience, I was at the track when a kid was in lane on a test and tune night in a 94-95 GT. I seen him taking the intake elbow off between the throttle body and the mass air meter. I asked him if he was having issues and he said he thought the car would bresthe better without the intake tube hooked up. I tried tell him that wasn't a good idea but he said it was worth a shot.

He ran a 17 second plus 1/4 if I remember correctly. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Should have told him to just sell you the damn battery lol. I've had a guy tell me a part I wanted wasn't compatible for my car after checking his system. Told him "I'll just take my chance with it, thanks."
Kind of happy I walked away in retrospect. Saved a good amount of money. But if I didn't care about money, you bet I would have been like "just sell it to me." :D

Users who are viewing this thread