Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other...please specify

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I put sealant on my car not to long ago and now i'm looking to add more depth to my paint. I haven't used paste wax in a while and i never used any on my Cobra before. Beside Poorboys Natty's, are there any other wax that can make silver really pops??? Any first hand experience would be great.

Thanks, Chris

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
+1 on the Pinnicle Souveran paste wax. I use it over my Redfire '07 gt and it really pops. Poorboys Nattys Blue or Red will work too for a fraction of the cost.
Fred :beer:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I have heard nothing but amazing things about Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Paste Wax. Unfortunately, like most carnauba's, protection is minimal (90 days) and it's expensive as hell, but depth and color are absolutely amazing.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Carnauba Wax is Brilliant on Red- Awesome on Black! Souverän™ is hand poured, one container at a time, and boxed with an

Yea, that thing is a little to expensive for me but it's so tempting. I'm not to worried about protection since my car is not a DD.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
The must have raised the price. I think it was in the $70 range a while ago.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I've used Dodo Juice on my friend's black Lightning (Dodo Juice Blue Velvet) and it was absolutely amazing. His truck looks like a wet mirror all the time now (without the water spots and such :lol:) Went on easy and came off pretty easy, too. It's in the $60 dollar range so it isn't cheap by any means, but it isn't $95, either.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I've used Dodo Juice on my friend's black Lightning (Dodo Juice Blue Velvet) and it was absolutely amazing. His truck looks like a wet mirror all the time now (without the water spots and such :lol:) Went on easy and came off pretty easy, too. It's in the $60 dollar range so it isn't cheap by any means, but it isn't $95, either.

Do you know the diffrence between their hard and soft wax? I'm thingking about getting Dodo Juice White Diamond which is hard wax.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Do you know the diffrence between their hard and soft wax? I'm thingking about getting Dodo Juice White Diamond which is hard wax.

There is no difference other than one is hard and one is soft, literally. Hard wax is, IIRC, used for hand application and the soft wax is for machine (makes it easier to spread on the machine pad).

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I'm going to be different. If you want a paste wax Meguiar's #16 is very durable and will rival a sealant.

eShine Canada: Meguiar's #16 Professional Paste Wax

Many of the waxes mentioned are beauty wax with very little durability.

Collinite 476 is also durable and looks good, and 845 has a nice warming glow to it afterwards.

Nothing beats a sealant on silver as Mixxer said

CASSPER

Established Member
hard waxes generally last longer than the soft waxes and are harder to apply. but even though they dont last as long, soft waxes usually look more wet, shinier, etc.. soft waxes are usually the "beauty" wax

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
There are so many waxes and sealants to go with that I just know what to pick. Can anymore point me in the right direction for a awesome combo or whatever because Im still learning. I have Deep Forest Green (Metallic) GT and the paint is in good shape. I want the paint to pop after I polish it this spring. I just do not know what to buy and I hope its affordable detailing wise lol.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
There are so many waxes and sealants to go with that I just know what to pick. Can anymore point me in the right direction for a awesome combo or whatever because Im still learning. I have Deep Forest Green (Metallic) GT and the paint is in good shape. I want the paint to pop after I polish it this spring. I just do not know what to buy and affordable detailing wise lol.

I would use a good sealant (i use Poorboys' EX-P) after you polish it and top it off with a good wax for dark colors. Natty Blue would be a pretty good wax for the price unless you want to cash out for some of the more expensive ones listed above. It's all about the polishing anyway.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I just put DoDo Juice Purple Haze on my DSG Cobra and it looks insane! I really thing the entire process that you follow will ultimately affect the end outcome of the waxed finish. I did a 2 day detail this weekend with the following steps:

1. Thorough was with Sonus Auto Shampoo (two bucket method with grit guard in rinse bucket and grout sponge)
2. Spot cleaning with Sonus All In 1 APC diluted 40:1
3. Full claying with Medium/Light density clay (I do this while the car is still wet and use Gliptone Body Gloss Quick Detailer as lube with the water).
4. Rewash with same shampoo and bucket method.
5. Machine polish with Optimum Polish II and Porter Cable 7424 with polishing (white) pad.
6. DoDo Juice Purple Haze applied by hand (literaly) with two coats on the hood and front bumper applied about 20 hours apart.
7. Spot wax with Optimum Car Wax (spray wax).
8. Chemical Guys Bare Bones on the wheel wells and fuel tank cover.
9. PoorBoys Bold-n-Bright diluted 50/50 on the tires.
10. Adams #2 metal polish on the rims
11. PoorBoys Trim Restorer on the black plastic.

Here's the final product. Sorry for the picture quality, the car is in my garage and I think theres something on the lense of my camera that I can't seem to get off, hence the little dots crappy focus. If its nice tomorrow I'll try to get some pics outside.

Picture038.gif

Picture032-1.gif

Picture040-1.gif

Picture031-1.gif

Picture024.gif

Picture035-1.gif

Picture042.gif

Picture041.gif

Users who are viewing this thread