What's the biggest size slick or drag tire u can fit on a terminator in te back?

Demonio

Established Member
Hey want to get a Hoosier or Mickey drag set up for my back wheels but would like to know what's the biggest size I can put in the back without rubbing issues. Car is a 03 cobra convertible lowered on h & r sport springs thanks? I want to order a set here next couple days for a midnight mayhem coming here soon.
I see some running 325/50/15 but not sure if they had to modify something to make them fit. I think I could run 275/60/15. Rim size is 15"

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
What is your rim width?

Also I would suggest going with the "cheater slick". M/T ET Street. 26x10.5 or 28x10.5 depending on height desired and rim width. They also make both of those in 11.5 widths.

Demonio

Established Member
15x8.5
I want to go try Mickey Thompson radial pro or Hoosier radials. Anyone run both?

Last edited:

Demonio

Established Member
I just order the Mickey Thompson radial pro. I think is the same as the et streets compound. 275/60/15 wanted to know what's all needed to fit the 325 50 15 cause they have more wider contact than a 275 but don't know if they clear. Well anyways I put in my order and got a email saying they are on back order anyways so don't seem like I'm going this Friday to the track :(..

Evo2SVT

Established Member
I am running the old style 275x60x15. They hook great and i have no issues at all with them. I am actually gonna be ordering another set soon since they look like slicks right now

Anabolic

Banned
I had ET street slicks on my car, Got caught in the rain unexpectedly one day, And literally felt like I was gonna kill myself or someone. VERY unsafe even at 30mph the tires would break loose as if you were on ice.
BUT if you're only track setup get the 26x10.5 ET street slicks. good tractions when dry! lol, you can fit bigger on there. 28s i would say.

03vertsb

Established Member
How much do the h&r springs lower the car? I'm looking at running a 28/10/r17 on a pair of mach wheels and not sure if I should drop to a 26 or not. my springs are cut 1/2 coil and sitting at 600 to the wheels with flsc and ftbr bushing kit. Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread