Whats the deal SVTP?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
I would donate
actually, we switched to a new server did we not?
And I planned on donating but didn't have any money, never got around to it, etc etc...

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Didn't we go through the same thing a while back, along with donations?

Must be a lot more traffic I guess.

:shrug:

FordSVTFan said:
You didnt pay your monthly membership fee. Once you pay it, you get to sign on to the connection that doesnt do that. :bash:
A little off subject, sorry thread starter, but why do you post what you eat every night in your sig? Is it just me or does anyone else find this annoyingly long and pointless being on a car site?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was working on it tonight. We did switch to a new server this time last year, but since then we have gained 12,000 new members. We're working on software upgrades along with new features. Hopefully donations won't be necessary, and I certainly won't ask for money to install upgrades which are free as I have seen other sites do in the past.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
well again, if you want a donation.... i have some money now :p
lol
good for you though not taking money for free upgrades, some sites just have no scruples

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
SID297 said:
I was working on it tonight. We did switch to a new server this time last year, but since then we have gained 12,000 new members. We're working on software upgrades along with new features. Hopefully donations won't be necessary, and I certainly won't ask for money to install upgrades which are free as I have seen other sites do in the past.

Thanks SID297 for working with us. I know the site has expanded beyond your expectations. We will se how long this new server with more muscle lasts... Hopefully it will survive long enough to keep things flowing smoothly!

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
that error means mysql did not respond in the alloted time php was expecting.

Sid,

do you have persistent_connections turned off in the config.php?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Thanks SID297 for working with us. I know the site has expanded beyond your expectations. We will se how long this new server with more muscle lasts... Hopefully it will survive long enough to keep things flowing smoothly!

My goal was to have 30,000 members by this time last year, but we got double the number of new members I was expecting. That is a good thing though. The server is a real beast, it'll last for a long time. We're working on a MySQL upgade right now. We just want to make sure it's done right.

orangesvtbb

Established Member
I love the site and wasn't bashing the admins so I hope you never thought that. Thanks for the site SID!

Last edited:

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
SID297 said:

Sid. A very common mistake I see in the server world is a kernel that doesn't properly support the hard drive (Usually just IDE Drives). Which means that instead of the drive pumping 50-60megs/second, it's only pumping 4 to 8.

A new server is often times not the answer, it's the efficiency of it.

It also has to do with forum software. Some are better designed than others.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
fordracerguy said:
Sid. A very common mistake I see in the server world is a kernel that doesn't properly support the hard drive (Usually just IDE Drives). Which means that instead of the drive pumping 50-60megs/second, it's only pumping 4 to 8.

Pretty sure that http://ev1servers.net/ knows what they are doing in that regard :)

It also has to do with forum software. Some are better designed than others.

This bb software is an older release.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I am the admin for fordmuscle.com. We used to use ev1servers.net and our servers kept getting hacked. ev1 refused to let us run anything other than RedHat 7 and unless you wanted to compile every service by hand, there was really no way to update it.

Secondly, running an older bb software isn't any better or worse than a new one. It can go both ways. If an older one has too many or improperly structured sql calls, it can wreak havoc on a heavy server load.

Scoriox said:
Pretty sure that http://ev1servers.net/ knows what they are doing in that regard :)

This bb software is an older release.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
I get this message when I visit the homepage as usual

vbPortal Message

Error, Invalid Home Module If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Canoodler said:
I get this message when I visit the homepage as usual

vbPortal Message

Error, Invalid Home Module If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

yeah?? and whats with this new home page!!!!!!!!!?????????

Users who are viewing this thread