What's the fastest you have ever been.*please post video if you have it*

5280stang

Established Member
I peg my little gt all the time. The first time a took it up was on my way back from cu boulder, there are very long open roads so you can see if there are any cops in front of you and if there is any on coming traific. so then it became a weekly thing. So the tech say's 150, and it's all down hill from boulder colorado to Denver.

5280stang

Established Member
My 96 cobra i had for a short periode of time I bet the living shit out of that. I used to sell cars and a bought it used from the car dealer i worked at. I was only 19 years of age at this time, but the car has been stolen off are lot a few time so it's was a little bet up. they tried to sale it to me 9500 out the door but they could not be me approved. So when i found that out they let me have the car for the weekend(shouldn't have done that) I was trying to break records with my zero to 60 runs to zero, pegging this car every chance i got. I did burn out contest with my friends 72 nova. Come to find out they sold the car at the auto auction for about 8000 grand.

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
the 03 and 04s are limited at 155 and the 96-98s go 152 in 4th as 5th is an overdrive. oh and ive gone 120 in my cobra but ive only had it two weeks so give me some time

Originally posted by 5280stang
My 96 cobra i had for a short periode of time I bet the living shit out of that. I used to sell cars and a bought it used from the car dealer i worked at. I was only 19 years of age at this time, but the car has been stolen off are lot a few time so it's was a little bet up. they tried to sale it to me 9500 out the door but they could not be me approved. So when i found that out they let me have the car for the weekend(shouldn't have done that) I was trying to break records with my zero to 60 runs to zero, pegging this car every chance i got. I did burn out contest with my friends 72 nova. Come to find out they sold the car at the auto auction for about 8000 grand.

so how fast were you going in it?

Sax1031

Established Member
Here is a good pic of a GPS verified run on a Turbo Hayabusa.

232mph.jpg

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
:thumbsup: i like to open it up every once in a while. i went to a bridge near where i live called the bayside bridge to see if the factory speed limiter was a hard or soft limiter. i hit the speed limiter which we all know is "155" but the speedo was just bearly touching the 160 mark. i don't have a way of knowing if this is correct or if the speedo is a little off at that speed. the limiter was fairly soft, it just eased off enough to keep you at that speed. that was alot better than the limiter in my old '96 v-8 thunderbird. the limiter in that would cut in just past 100 and it felt like i hit the brakes. if you kept your foot to the floor it wouldn't accelerate until you got to around 95 and then it would pick up again. when the day comes when my car can do it i want to know how fast i can go before i reach MY speed limiter. :-D

_DC

Established Member
1976 454 Chevy Impala Wagon 115mph
1986 Mustang GT Speedo touching trip reset meter (85 speedo)
figure about 135
1987 350 Pontiac GTA 141 mph
1993 Saturn SC2 105 mph (took like a minute from a 65 mph punch) had to stop due to boredom
1993 Z-28 144 mph
1996 Cobra 140 mph
2003 Cobra 150 mph

The 86 Mustang was scary at that speed. It had trouble holding on to the road if turning more then 15 degrees. The Wagon felt like it was floating and the speedo was bouncy. The GTA was my friends. Ran it on the Edens leaving Chicago from Touhy to Dempster. Held some nice banks with no problems. Both Cobra runs where with the top down with the wife ridding shotgun. I was shocked at how easy the Cobra can get up to speed. At the end of 4th gear you are moving. The biggest problem living near Chicago is the lack of open expressways at any time of the day. Wisconsin is close but those cops are just looking for someone from Illinois to nail.

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
I have gone 188 and slowly climbing in a 2000 M5 and 180 in a viper. Fastest on a bike I was driving was close to 140 but I didn't like it. I'll stick to cars :)

BLUBLLS

Goign that fast on a bike is compltely insane. Well it is scary. Fastest I have gone ina car was 155 in my 93 notchback shooting the nitrous. Got pulled over for that one, but I wasn't clocked thank you lord.

By the way I will be picking up my 2004 ZX-10r on Saturday..WOOHOO

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
123 in my SVTF. It had some more but I didnt want to push it, didnt know if there were any cops around.

crazydalt

Established Member
hey pianoprodigy... do you still post over on rx7 club..? i used to visit those forums alot.. and by the way you have a badass car

Users who are viewing this thread