Whats the latest news of the WORKS blower

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by Fast01Cobra
Unless I'm missing something, isn't this the Saleen supercharger??

The Saleen Series V is a twin-screw design. Like a KB or Works.

All other saleen blowers are actually eatons.

:coolman:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by JSHTROD
The Saleen Series V is a twin-screw design. Like a KB or Works.

All other saleen blowers are actually eatons.

:coolman:

The Saleen Series V is a Whipple Works supercharger. The other blowers were eaton most if not all M90s.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
This is not going to happen anytime soon IMO, they have been saying it will be out "soon" for at least 4 months. It doesn't take that long. And any company that favors the Lightnings over the Cobra is nuts, I want to buy from a company that is loyal to Cobra guys. Its kinda like JDM and his heat exchanger for the Lightnings, its been out for way too long, and they have not even TRIED to make one for the Cobra....even though they say it's right around the corner.

And remember Works fans, just as with the bugs being worked out of the KB's....you will have to chase the same bugs away from the Works blower. In my opinion, the KB is the superior choice because good tunes actually exist now and they have chased the demons away.

My .02

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
the site is pretty good. But there isn't any mention of one coming out for the 03 cobra, unless I missed it.

But, the Whipple Power Flash programmer looks interesting. Any thoughts?

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
If it runs cooler than the KB then it would be worth the look.....and if KB was a supporter of the Cobra crowd why have they not fixed the oil problem??????????Thanks to HERMAN I can follow a guy with a KB down the track now without worry of siding on the oil.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Rick keep us informed and if someone else has info, Please post. I have to go check it out but I herd Sal broke his crank using the Works, can it be that strong????????

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Just to clear up the confusion. The Saleen series II is an Eaton. The series IV is a Lysholm. Whipple uses Lysholm blowers. Works will use a Whipple blower. KenneBell is an autorotor. Both are twin screws. Whipple's Lyshom twin screw technology is second to none. Just because it's a twin screw doesn't mean it's the same. Look at the difference between centrifugal brands. Big differences there, but still centrifugals!

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Road Racin:

The KB rotorpacks (Autorotor, assembled by Eaton) are just as good as the Works rotorpacks (Whipple). Show me any factual evidence that one is better than the other besides the manufacturer's own self-serving claims.

I'm calling BS on that til showed otherwise. Both are lysolm-type screw superchargers. Both will perform 99% the same given the same case, inlet, etc..

CobraBri

Established Member
You guys realize that whipple also has a 201ci screw blower????:D :D ;-) I want that one.

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I agree that is the blower I want next, when that comes out I'll be selling my KB cheap.:D
The Works 201 is what I want!

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Maybe Works is not going to do a 140 since KB has one? Maybe they are going for the bigger blower? Who knows.. they are slow, I know that.

Users who are viewing this thread