Whats up with the 2015 specs

04svtsnke

Established Member
It's an issue to a lot of folks. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of car options out there and the raw information WOULD help in deciding on making a purchase.

So far, Ford has taken us to the strip club, and we've only looked at shoes.

This

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's an issue to a lot of folks. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of car options out there and the raw information WOULD help in deciding on making a purchase.

You've seen 100% of the car! The only thing you guys are pissy about is numbers that aren't even tangible. Yet you know the engine and it's upgrades and know the range of potential output yet you still don't know if you want to buy yet? Like if you're expecting 450hp and it comes out with 440 you're going to be upset?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I wonder if this car will be like the 94 SN95 GT? Far better tech(ABS, 4wheel disc, dual airbags, real radio, 17" wheels, more Euro body design, etc....) a slight boost in HP, but with the addition of the added weight couldn't hang with the outgoing Foxbody. Maybe that's why Ford hasn't released shit. Maybe they know the new car can't outperform the outgoing model?

BTW, we all just heard about the Hellcat 3 weeks ago. We know hp/tq, weight, and 1/4 times. Something tells me we have a problem in Dearborn.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You're right, only most of the people on this forum who like knowing exactly what they're getting into before buying their performance oriented mustang. I've never known ford( in my time here on earth) to underrate the gt or anything lesser. Yes the higher end models have been underrated but we don't had any of them comig out now do we?

The 99 Cobra's were overated. All had to be recalled for a reflash, extrude hone the intake manifold, and I believe higher flowing cats, as the standard 99GT was killing them at the dragstrip. Or maybe it was the added weight and IRS......

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I wonder if this car will be like the 94 SN95 GT? Far better tech(ABS, 4wheel disc, dual airbags, real radio, 17" wheels, more Euro body design, etc....) a slight boost in HP, but with the addition of the added weight couldn't hang with the outgoing Foxbody. Maybe that's why Ford hasn't released shit. Maybe they know the new car can't outperform the outgoing model?

BTW, we all just heard about the Hellcat 3 weeks ago. We know hp/tq, weight, and 1/4 times. Something tells me we have a problem in Dearborn.

This isn't the 90s anymore. The chassis and suspension will outperform the S197 with ease so that leaves the drivetrain? What's the ceiling on the Coyote vs the old 5.0s? You don't think Ford has the ability to tune and tweak for performance to best the outgoing model? They have a lot of room to work with as that is how engines are developed these days, especially with how they have adopted much of the Boss' internals. They benchmark competing vehicles like the M3/4 and of course the old Mustang so they aren't going to release it until they've surpassed their goals.

And why would you release your mediocre in comparison numbers as the Hellcat is in the spotlight? Makes no sense. The masses aren't going to care to hear 450hp when "707" is being thrown around all over every car site.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
This isn't the 90s anymore. The chassis and suspension will outperform the S197 with ease so that leaves the drivetrain? What's the ceiling on the Coyote vs the old 5.0s? You don't think Ford has the ability to tune and tweak for performance to best the outgoing model? They have a lot of room to work with as that is how engines are developed these days, especially with how they have adopted much of the Boss' internals. They benchmark competing vehicles like the M3/4 and of course the old Mustang so they aren't going to release it until they've surpassed their goals.

And why would you release your mediocre in comparison numbers as the Hellcat is in the spotlight? Makes no sense. The masses aren't going to care to hear 450hp when "707" is being thrown around all over every car site.

If you recall if , you're of age the 91-93 GT's were rated at 205, and the 94-95's got a bump to 215. Yes pitiful by todays standards. The new car was to be superior, ala 2015, in every way. But those of age know that didn't happen.

The bump in hp over the current coyote car will be dimished by the bump in weight and the ineffecencies of an IRS suspension. Much more power robbing parts to actually plant the power. And you're inferring that Ford won't release information until they've surpassed M3/4 and current S197 performance? Well they are running out of time, wouldn't you agree?

Well they could've released their mediocre numbers well in advance of any news of the Hellcat. We've been talking about the 2015 for well over 6 months. This reminds me of when Chevy was announcing the ZL1 info and Ford dropped the 662 hp hammer. Now whatever Ford releases just seems so insignificant.....

Keep waving the Ford flag, they need more like you. I for one am dissapointed and have and currently own a lot of Fords.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
If you recall if , you're of age the 91-93 GT's were rated at 205, and the 94-95's got a bump to 215. Yes pitiful by todays standards. The new car was to be superior, ala 2015, in every way. But those of age know that didn't happen.

The bump in hp over the current coyote car will be dimished by the bump in weight and the ineffecencies of an IRS suspension. Much more power robbing parts to actually plant the power. And you're inferring that Ford won't release information until they've surpassed M3/4 and current S197 performance? Well they are running out of time, wouldn't you agree?

Well they could've released their mediocre numbers well in advance of any news of the Hellcat. We've been talking about the 2015 for well over 6 months. This reminds me of when Chevy was announcing the ZL1 info and Ford dropped the 662 hp hammer. Now whatever Ford releases just seems so insignificant.....

Keep waving the Ford flag, they need more like you. I for one am dissapointed and have and currently own a lot of Fords.

Oh I see. because I'm applying common sense business and marketing to the argument and historical trends of the last decade+ I'm now just flying the Ford banner, got it. Tell me what the performance craze was like in the early-mid 90s? Was it multifaceted like it is now where the Americans are competing with the Japanese and the Germans or were the American manufacturers more concerned with competing with each other? There's more on the line this time around, it's not just the Camaro the Mustang gas to compete with, it's a list of cars now so this isn't some half assed attempt by Ford to slightly upgrade from the S197. They entered the European market with this car for the first time, that should say a lot.

And I never said anything about them still benchmarking the car. They would have done that during development. I'm just saying people worry about performance but forget that these cars are benchmarked from the get go.

What hammer is Ford gonna drop now? Are they just gonna come out and say "look we are coming out with a 750hp car!" And then have nothing to show for it? C'mon man, the SVT is still in development and little is known about it. There's rumors on the Trinity being both dead and alive. I for one think they are keeping it in their back pocket for either the Raptor or for an occasion such as the Hellcat.

Also, go back to what I said about SAE testing. It may not be officially completed yet. Idk for sure but those results are usually public or at least someone knows how to get a hold of them. No one has yet.

eleanor5oh

Established Member
well, as far as i'm concerned ... screw the factory numbers, i'll be modding it any way. It has better cams, better cylinder heads, and better internals... The shit could come with 405 whp and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference once you start modding anyways.

How do you know it has better cams cylinder heads and better internals? I didn't see that article.

The fact that ford keeps saying "at least 420hp and at least 390ftlbs" seems like a red flag to me that there isn't going to be any improvement in the numbers. maybe 5hp/5tq.

rrg9946

Established Member
How do you know it has better cams cylinder heads and better internals? I didn't see that article.

The fact that ford keeps saying "at least 420hp and at least 390ftlbs" seems like a red flag to me that there isn't going to be any improvement in the numbers. maybe 5hp/5tq.

This has been documented and confirmd by Ford since December 5th. Here's the link SVT has had up since then.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...he-2015-Ford-Mustang-s-Engines-and-Suspension

With the upgrades done to the engine 5hp/5ftlbs would be an engineering impossibility. It might not be 500hp but it will be an increase. Mechanically this engine will have a very high ceiling as to what it can produce horsepower wise. If you look at the specs of the new engine and understand what you are reading, it seems to me this engine was designed to handle boost very well at high rpm's. It may not show on paper now to some because the RPM limit has not changed, but to others we see a whole lot of potential.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
This has been documented and confirmd by Ford since December 5th. Here's the link SVT has had up since then.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...he-2015-Ford-Mustang-s-Engines-and-Suspension

With the upgrades done to the engine 5hp/5ftlbs would be an engineering impossibility. It might not be 500hp but it will be an increase. Mechanically this engine will have a very high ceiling as to what it can produce horsepower wise. If you look at the specs of the new engine and understand what you are reading, it seems to me this engine was designed to handle boost very well at high rpm's. It may not show on paper now to some because the RPM limit has not changed, but to others we see a whole lot of potential.

Well said and I agree

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Depends on the pistons if you ask me, If they are anything like the ones in the Roadrunner then i think it'll be forgiving to a extent so long as we don't have any other internal weak links.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

We've seen most everything. She just hasn't taken off the pasties or bent over and pulled the thong to the side. In other words, Ford has shown us a lot of stuff, but not the best stuff (power and performance numbers); which is what most Mustang enthusiasts care about. And now that we know she's a "plumper," we really want to know if the goods are even worth continuing to watch or to just mosey on over to the bar for a beer.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

The good news is, Ford released the weight info....and it wasn't what everybody wanted....

I think the power figures are going to be impressive. I also think they are strategically trying to get the car "down" on power for advertising. As in, they are likely going to choke the motor up and de-tune the piss out of it, to hit their 440-450 hp claim. ;)

BMR Tech

Or I could be wrong, and they spent millions and millions on a new Coyote engine, to only make 10 more hp.....

Voltwings

Established Member
Cars insurance and classification is also based on numerous things. Hell, my 01 V6 mustang was in the same insurance bracket as a corolla, despite the fact I was 16. The Folks at Ford aren't dumb, they're going to put this car exactly where they want it, whether or not it makes sense to us.

I've said it once, and i'll say it again: Only half the people are interested in buying a "car," and leaving it 100% as the factory gave it to them. The rest are interested in buying a "platform," all a mustang (or car) is to them is a blank canvas...

Last edited:

Zevox

Established Member
I keep forgetting about insurance going up if I switch to a 2015, don't remind me!

I'm not the kind of person to order one before I see it though. Even if I knew all of the specs I'd want to sit in one and drive it to make sure I like the car since so much is changing. If I get the willpower to hold out I'd like to wait on a '16 so if there are bugs in the '15 they might be worked out by then.

BMR Tech

I don't really care about how the car feels, to be honest.

It's a Mustang, so I am getting it. It will be the next Mustang for 7-10 years, so I'm good with that.

Besides, my Mustangs get built and just sit in the garage. lol

Zevox

Established Member
I don't really care about how the car feels, to be honest.

It's a Mustang, so I am getting it. It will be the next Mustang for 7-10 years, so I'm good with that.

Besides, my Mustangs get built and just sit in the garage. lol

I'm more worried about seeing out of the thing than how it rides. You already talked me into making my car ride like a 2 horse wagon, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread