Whats up with the 2015 specs

BMR Tech

I daily drive a high mileage beat up Ford Focus, on purpose. It rattles, squeaks, vibrates.....

When I hop in my race cars, they feel like a Cadillac.

Voltwings

Established Member
I'm not the kind of person to order one before I see it though. Even if I knew all of the specs I'd want to sit in one and drive it to make sure I like the car since so much is changing. If I get the willpower to hold out I'd like to wait on a '16 so if there are bugs in the '15 they might be worked out by then.

I agree with this 100%, I would never buy something sight unseen. However, I think everyone getting their panties in a bunch is just a little ridiculous...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I agree with this 100%, I would never buy something sight unseen. However, I think everyone getting their panties in a bunch is just a little ridiculous...

That's what annoys me the most. People bitch and complain for their own personal reasons and complaints and forget that there is thousands of other people looking at this car with different interests in mind. Ford is going to try to appeal to everyone but they are going for sales, that's their primary goal.

rrg9946

Established Member
Depends on the pistons if you ask me, If they are anything like the ones in the Roadrunner then i think it'll be forgiving to a extent so long as we don't have any other internal weak links.

Typically pistons are not the week point in a boosted application so long as your A/F ratio is correct. A rod or wrist pin will go first due to accelerated rotating assembly. So I wouldn't worry about the pistons being the weak point.

Last edited:

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
That's what annoys me the most. People bitch and complain for their own personal reasons and complaints and forget that there is thousands of other people looking at this car with different interests in mind. Ford is going to try to appeal to everyone but they are going for sales, that's their primary goal.

No way. Sales is their primary goal? Who would've thought lol

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
No way. Sales is their primary goal? Who would've thought lol

I don't know if you've paid much attention but that seems to be a problem for people around here to grasp. People are complaining because the car hasn't been tailor made specifically for them like it's a damn Bugatti or something. You have to remind them of the simplest concepts.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I don't know if you've paid much attention but that seems to be a problem for people around here to grasp. People are complaining because the car hasn't been tailor made specifically for them like it's a damn Bugatti or something. You have to remind them of the simplest concepts.

No, I think people are complaining about the total lack of information regarding the car.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I wouldn't say I'm complaining just surprised it hasn't been released yet.

But yes there are a lot of whiners

I was using svt2focus's wording. I like you would like to see numbers. Maybe they're not as good as many here are hoping? Or maybe they're that good and Ford is trying to sell the 14 cars that are still on dealer lots?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Ford said nothing about the actual weight until the rumors were flying around that the car gained a lot of weight. Most of us were of the thinking the car was going to lose weight. Here everyone sits thinking the car will gain 20-30hp, yet Ford has started production and still no word. At this point I say dont expect to much.

BMR Tech

^ I am guessing 450ish HP.

I am also going to guess, with an intake manifold swap and a tune, it will make 450rwhp.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Ford said nothing about the actual weight until the rumors were flying around that the car gained a lot of weight. Most of us were of the thinking the car was going to lose weight. Here everyone sits thinking the car will gain 20-30hp, yet Ford has started production and still no word. At this point I say dont expect to much.

With the added weight and the inefficiencies of the IRS I would think it would need to gain atleast 30hp to run with the current car in a straight line. To exceed the straight line performance of the '14 GT it would need a bump of 40+hp. This is just my opinion, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread