Whats up with this whole Jagermeister craze?

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Whats up with everyone drinking Jager like its going out of style? The last few parties I've been to, people are walking around with bottles of jager and red bull. A jagermeister tap? Yep, saw one of those last night at a party... http://www.jager.com/catalog/catalogdtl.cfm?id=19&Cat=8

Its a good drink, i mean, I've had a few shots of it, made surfers on acid(which is delicious) but is it really this good?

Maybe its just around here, but has anyone else noticed this? Have YOU jumped on the Jagermeister bandwagon?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I didn't know it was new. The Germans have been drinking it for a very long time. It comes in second only to Apfel Korn.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Just one of the new crazes with folks. Everyone wants a yager bomb b/c that's what other folks are drinking. I personally love Yager bombs and surfer on acids.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
LOL I was offered a Jager-bomb at my local German gasthaus...she had to say it 3 times before I understood here. Just plain old Jager und bier bitte!

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
i like the way it tastes..always have. When i was younger (grandparent's are german), we'd go to my oma's house and she'd always have a bottle. They kept it in the freezer and would have a shot or somethin after dinner to help settle your stomach and ease digestion. That's why it's so thick and caramel colored.

Whiskey City

Established Member
Might be an age thing (maybe not). When I was in HS and College, we drank the hell out of Jager. Once I got "all growzed up", I moved away from it. I still have a shot or two every once in a while but I don't see a "Jager Craze" 'round here. :shrug:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Because it's high in alcohol and tastes decent compared to other liquors. I personally can't drink a lot of it. It's too thick. And too be honest, I like the burn of vodka. My friends used to love Jager but that trend wore out with us almost 2 years ago.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Whiskey City said:
You should try it. It's good stuff. :beer:

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

One drink I'd really like to try is absinthe after reading about it in the tuckermax stories, lol.

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
MystiChrome Coupe said:
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

One drink I'd really like to try is absinthe after reading about it in the tuckermax stories, lol.

illegal in the states b/c of the wormwood in it. Can get it in germany though :D

wormwood = hallucinogen. Think Johnny Depp in that Jack the Ripper movie with Heather Graham in it (can't think of the name in it)

If my memory serves me correctly, he was drinking absinthe and doing opium.

Last edited:

Whiskey City

Established Member
dorky LS1 chick said:
illegal in the states b/c of the wormwood in it. Can get it in germany though :D

What about Canadia?

I once did some web-searchin and found a place in Spain that would ship it to you in the US. Damn near pulled the trigger on that but too chicken. Maybe next time I'm in Europe...

dorky LS1 Chick said:
wormwood = hallucinogen. Think Johnny Depp in that Jack the Ripper movie with Heather Graham in it (can't think of the name in it)

If my memory serves me correctly, he was drinking absinthe and doing opium.

Yep, that's it. Looks like a fun trip to me! :beer:

The movie was From Hell. It's pretty cool. H. Grahm is HAWT!!

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Haven't known it to be that big of a craze, but me and a buddy love the stuff. Have to keep it in the freezer though, otherwise it tastes like cough syrup.

Good stuff, Red bull gives it a bite, but a little Sprite is actually pretty good too, knocks off the some of the strength and gives it a nice tingle.

03Cobra_hopeful

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ?
Established Member
I love Jager and red bull. On occasion, I have been known to get a pint of Jager and two or three red bull.
Just sit here and drink'em down in shots..

Good times.

But for some reason Jager/Redbull makes me want to kill someone..
Anybody else have that experience?
Like it makes me lose my temper and want to hit something or someone..
Or play with guns.. :shrug:

Within the confinds of my own home, that is.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Because it's high in alcohol and tastes decent compared to other liquors.

It is actually something like 35% whereas most all other distilled liquors are 40%.It is mostly a High School/College thing.

h2opoloplyr_11

Established Member
LOL!!! that is freakin funny reading this....i got hooked on to jaeger when i turned 21...and now everytime i go to a bar or party i have to have a couple of Jaeger Bombs (jaeger and red bull) before i start drinking beer or my trusty vodka! i guess its the good taste and it gets you buzzing real quick!

oh yah....i dont want to kill anyone when i drink jaeger bomb....but instead i get drunken fun!!!! chicks just seems to be more friendlier to me after i drink it...maybe they are drunk as well...hahahah

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
gm_530 said:
It is actually something like 35% whereas most all other distilled liquors are 40%.It is mostly a High School/College thing.

5% isn't much of a difference. 35% will still catch up to you if you're not careful. I'm more of a beer drinker. Every once in a while I'll take a shot of vodka, rum, or gin, then chase it with beer.

Users who are viewing this thread