Whats your mileage?

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Could it be your shocks? Mine had more of a popping/clunking noise before I replaced them. Hmm, I guess thats another one to add to the list.

So I would like to add that i am now at 127K and just had to replace my clutch cable... and i still don't knw what the clunk in the front end is (and neither does my mechanic, it wouldn't do it for him)

Kirko

Established Member
I got that real early on in my car. Somewhere around the 40k to 50k mile range, I think. I had a job where I had to wear dress shoes every day and the very hard, sharp heels on those things really beat that floor mat up.

I took the original mats out and replaced them with some autozone carpet ones. This way I don't ruin the originals and I put the clean original back in for car shows.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
We bought out 01 Vert in January of 2002 with 165 miles on it. It is somewhere around 43,xxx miles now with no issues other than what was caused by me (two broken halfshafts and a shattered clutch). Car has seen quite a few drag strip passes as well as open track time. It now sits in the garage the vast majority of the time.

The 99 Cobra we recently sold had 24,xxx miles or so on it. The steering wheel, dash and paint were still stock :)

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Bought my '01 in June 2004...second owner. Just over 96k on it now. Only major issue was spun rod bearings due to oil pump failure...engine replacement under my ext. warranty for $100!! No other major problems to speak of. Used to be my DD, but now has reserve/fun duty for the past 2 yrs...

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
My dd until i broke the 2nd trans right before winter (convenient) ive had it just over a year, up to 84k miles

smokes a little every now and then :(

CDADEUCE06

Established Member
Bought new in Oct 01, just turned over 100,000 miles. This week replaced the fuel pump, valve cover gaskets and five yes five coils. Car runs like new again! Is there a way to test the coils under load? I kept the old ones and they all ohm the same as a new one? Around 72,000 crank position sensor was replaced, and suspension work and rims ~ 88,000.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Is there a way to test the coils under load? I kept the old ones and they all ohm the same as a new one?

Yes and no, but it will take electronic equipment you probably don't have at home. I'd probably just throw them away. I had a coil plug on my old 98 F150 that was fine at idle and ohm'ed correctly, however it would break up under load. Drove me crazy until I finally took it to the dealership and had them tell me the problem.

-Kevin

JoeLee

***Degenerate***
Established Member
sonic03
IMG_0255.gif

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
'01 with 23K bought in June of '08 w/16k. Newly appointed garage queen since I moved back to MI from Va in Mar of '09.

01svtdude

what is traction
Established Member
01 cobra with a 130k with bolt on's just recently died due to hydrolocked motor = ( im sure it would still be running but damn jlt intake ftl

Chris's Cobra

Shredder
Established Member
99 157,xxx miles. stock motor and tranny.. had to replace rack and pinion and tierods. needs ball joints but its waiting for a tubular front suspension. these things will last forever as long as you keep up on the maintenance...... its seen mobil one synthetic its whole life.

765rcbra

Established Member
2001 w/149,xxx on the OG motor w/125 shot about 1 bottle a wk
best time so far is 11.7 @ 116

Users who are viewing this thread