Whats your mileage?

hotcobra03

Established Member
mileage

my 03 just turned 249xxx,,

only real problems have ben valves on drivers side head,rear end gears..

we are one of the lucky ones,no smoke on start-up,no oil leaks,original clutch is still in it,,

the most worn part is the gear shift knob and wear spot on the floor mat:beer:

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
01 Cobra, bought it 1.5 years ago with 23k just hit 33k last week. Was my DD until yesterday. Now I have a 93' Wrangler to DD for winter time, yay!! I hate the snow!! lol.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
my 03 just turned 249xxx,,

only real problems have ben valves on drivers side head,rear end gears..

we are one of the lucky ones,no smoke on start-up,no oil leaks,original clutch is still in it,,

the most worn part is the gear shift knob and wear spot on the floor mat:beer:

I take it you got the heal wear spot?

bkaul

Established Member
my 03 just turned 249xxx
Almost time for a 1/4-million-mile party. :)
we are one of the lucky ones,no smoke on start-up,no oil leaks,original clutch is still in it
'
No smoke/oil leaks here either, but I changed the clutch at 189,xxx b/c the TOB was going out. Clutch wasn't slipping yet, but was worn enough that I didn't feel bad replacing it.

Venemous1

Rabid Import Eater
Established Member
01 cobra, 76,000k, picked it up september of 07 with 52k on it and completely stock, DD for the past 2 years only issues ive had, driver window came off track, fuel filler hose damaged and leaking gas. nothing major. does a 240 mile roundtrip road trip 1-2 times a month does great even though thats not a major journey.

Last edited:

Kirko

Established Member
long story short you can pile miles on these cars no problem

2 door taxis

Should be able to with any car unless you abuse it. You might come along the battery, plugs, a starter, struts and shocks, a sensor, etc needing replaced eventually. Same thing for every car. Depends on where you live and how you drive.

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
99 Cobra - 133,XXX miles so far. I few minor issues here and there but nothing major in the way of mechanical problems.

01Cobra896

Established Member
That is a much cooler story then mine. I was getting on the freeway and going to work. Barely half throttle and the motor broke something.

You should hear the rest of the story on how the day went. This happened on 3 July. I am currently building a "stock replacment" to drop in, same power just more efficient at it.

99Snaker

Resident Coffee Addict
Established Member
My '99 Cobra hit the 100K mark two weeks ago breaking in the new transmission.

100K with 4.56 gears on my DD in the summertime. Lots of fun!

jmichalicek

Established Member
I take it you got the heal wear spot?
I got that real early on in my car. Somewhere around the 40k to 50k mile range, I think. I had a job where I had to wear dress shoes every day and the very hard, sharp heels on those things really beat that floor mat up.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I got my '99 Rio Red convertible last June with 46K on it. Now has a 50K and some change. It's all original, no mods. Not a DD just a nice weather cruiser. I did take it down The Dragon once on my road trip to AL last summer.

No problems so far been great fun.

dj

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
So I would like to add that i am now at 127K and just had to replace my clutch cable... and i still don't knw what the clunk in the front end is (and neither does my mechanic, it wouldn't do it for him)

Users who are viewing this thread