whats your passion

Never_Enough

Established Member
People whose passion revolves around their spouse and kids seem to always live terrible and unfulfilling lives. Plus looking to someone else to fulfill such an important need is a terrible burden to place on someone. Apparently that plays a large role in marital problems.
That definitely seems to hold true for most of the single mothers, in the dating game, that I've run across.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Its difficult to state mine, but basically I enjoy working on and fixing things. There is a certain mental process that "clicks" when I'm doing that stuff. This applies to my hobbies of I.T., PC repair/building, RC cars/trucks, automotive repair(I like fixing cars, just wish my body agreed with it more), fabricating/welding/etc, and some other things I cant think of. Its always been odd that I enjoy working in I.T. for the same reason I enjoy working/racing/pulling my diesel truck.

The past few years i've learned I enjoy teaching others about these things too. I'll help a friend do their brakes or build a PC and teach them each step of the way what i've learned.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
son/wife

There is an incredible gap between them and everything else.

This. Having a family, specifically a child, really puts everything else into perspective.

I also love business and critical thinking/problem solving/technical work. Being able to take something apart and fix it to solve a problem has always been very gratifying to me from an early age, whether it's working with my hands and fixing a car or solving problems for clients by implementing solutions to streamline their business processes. I guess you could say I enjoy "making things work."

derockgt

Established Member
Thanks for some of the input guys. My assumptions were that majority of people would say family just gathering from a demographic of stats from the car enthusiasts.

Blown 89

Established Member
The question was "most important"...
And I answered that. Don't get pissy because you don't like my answer.

That's great you put guns and fighting before your family.
I prefer to be responsible for my own happiness rather than rely on others to do it for me. Some of you guys should lengthen the leash a bit.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
And I answered that. Don't get pissy because you don't like my answer.

I prefer to be responsible for my own happiness rather than rely on others to do it for me. Some of you guys should lengthen the leash a bit.

Seems as though you are the pissy one here.

I don't care how you answered the question, there is no wrong or right answer...

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Cliffs?

I see the following:

Thread created about people's passions.

People post said passion
Other people question said people's passion and tell them they are wrong for having a passion different from there's

If someone tells me what I SHOULD be passionate about and not what I WANT to be passionate about, that's asking for a kick to the nuts.

I'm passionate about my wife, my home, have a small amount of relatives and my cars.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Cliffs?

I see the following:

People post said passion
Other people question said people's passion and tell them they are wrong for having a passion different from there's

If someone tells me what I SHOULD be passionate about and not what I WANT to be passionate about, that's asking for a kick to the nuts.

I'm passionate about my wife, my home, have a small amount of relatives and my cars.

Its SVTP, we can turn a thread about butterflies into a 10 page argument.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Cliffs?

I see the following:

People post said passion

Right, because apparently if you are passionate about other people you live a terrible and unfulfilling life.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Right, because apparently if you are passionate about other people you live a terrible and unfulfilling life.

I can understand that because I can actually relate to it.

When you live your life about making others happy and feeling important to you, people tend to stop caring about their own interests and caring about themselves.

I think you're taking what he said wrong. Either way, you really have no place to tell him otherwise if those are things he is passionate about.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I can understand that because I can actually relate to it.

When you live your life about making others happy and feeling important to you, people tend to stop caring about their own interests and caring about themselves.

I think you're taking what he said wrong. Either way, you really have no place to tell him otherwise if those are things he is passionate about.

I'm not. If that's what he likes, great.

nxhappy

Established Member
besides family and friends ....business, travel, money, motorcycles, cars, beer, guns, etc

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
No kids, no wife or gf, love my parents and sister but my passion in life is craft beer. I am a pro brewer who loves to read about, listen to lectures, talk about all things beer. I may even occasionally drink a few ;-)

Branhammer

Established Member
Oh I forgot I'm passionate about sterilizing and/or wiping out half of the human race. That one is important to me.

Branhammer

Established Member
No kids, no wife or gf, love my parents and sister but my passion in life is craft beer. I am a pro brewer who loves to read about, listen to lectures, talk about all things beer. I may even occasionally drink a few ;-)

Beer is a ****ing awesome passion :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread