whats your passion

tvspower

Established Member
Being a survivor .. My passion has always been trying to find inner happiness.. I have and still read a lot on what drives the human brain. Outside passion includes my...wife...animals...house and NOW (last 8yrs) my Shelby and car Friends. Boxing was an outside passion for 25yrs... Why.. because I was pounding the shit out my abuser everytime I put the gloves on. My sparring partners were not to happy...

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
This is tough.
Am I supposed to be passionate about working my ass off to provide? Of course I love my wife and kids and everything I do is pretty much for them.
My idea of passion is something you love to do for you. Maybe I'm wrong.

But if that be the case, stick me on a tractor with bush hog, choppers, tiller or a dozer or excavator and GTF out of the way.
That is where I'm at peace with everything.

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
I'm a rock hunter, and I have a rock collection lol - more specifically ancient Indian artifacts and arrowheads.

Going out and spending a day walking creeks is one of my favorite things to do. It's a big rush to me to find something someone hand crafted 5k-10k years ago laying in the dirt.
No spouse or kids here.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Mine is WWI re-enacting getting ready for the spring event held at the GWA outside of Newville PA. Hold 2 events every 3rd weekend in April and first weekend in November.

Neat thing was 3 years ago either the PA or MD Air national guard buzzed us with a pair of A-10's about 400 feet off the deck, boy those things really are loud when they pass and you are behind them.

141001-F-DW547-047.JPG

Here is me at the 2014 Dawn Patrol held at the Air Force Museum in Dayton OH I'm on the left helping the pilot. They do this bi yearly and so it's being held on Oct 1st and 2nd 2016

Also car shows and drag racing at a few nearby tracks in late spring to fall every year.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'm a rock hunter, and I have a rock collection lol - more specifically ancient Indian artifacts and arrowheads.

Going out and spending a day walking creeks is one of my favorite things to do. It's a big rush to me to find something someone hand crafted 5k-10k years ago laying in the dirt.
No spouse or kids here.

Thats actually pretty sweet, like a little piece of history. Knowing the last time it was touched by human hands was likely the day it was made is pretty awesome.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
This may sound stupid, HVAC. I've managed to wake up every day for the past 25 years driven to perform tasks in places they wouldn't send the Navy Seals. Boring I know, but I enjoy building the systems, trouble shooting them, owning all the tools and meters that come with the job. I wish I had more money, my passion would switch to turbo chargers, lol.

Machdup1

Established Member
If no particular order.

1. My job. If I wasn't passionate about it, I would sell everything and move on to another career. Life is too short not to love your work. Everyday is something new.

2. Wife. She is a real live, honest to goodness, good women, through and through. They are all too rare in this world.

3. Life in general. I love the life's many ups and downs and the way it unfolds before me. I have seen the worst life has to offer and everything else I consider to be a gift as I come over the hump into the home stretch of life.

4. My community.

I have lots toys and hobbies, but they really are not my passion. They are more of a distraction.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
Triathlon and mountaineering. I went on an expedition to climb Aconcagua last January that didn't work out due to weather, but am going to give it another go in January.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Secondly, it's music. I can't sing or play an instrument, but I love it.
LOL, I'm the same way. Can't play a instrument or sing. I just love lost on some of my Play account radio stations.

My passions are: Running. This is my second year of being serious about running. I've joined a few running groups and run with other folks. You get to meet a pretty wide range of people from different backgrounds that have a common passion. Also enjoy running by myself too, get a good playlist set up, make sure the water pack is full and just start putting one foot in front of the other. Early summer mornings running in the rolling foothills watching the sun break over the mountains is ****ing epic imo. Can't get enough of it.

Hiking: I think last year I hiked more miles than I did at any other time in my life, lol. Being a few thousand feet above sea level in the middle of nowhere makes you appreciate the natural beauty we have access too.

HWkbjmE.jpg

Photography: I really don't shoot as much as I do with work and running taking over my life, but at times I'll fire up the camera and take it with me when I go for a drive. I'm not some awesome photographer, I just play one from time to time.

Cars/Mustangs: I still love them and to mod both my cars, I just don't do the whole car show/meet ups. Too much drama.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My family, cars, and lifting heavy objects.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I wonder how much the answers in this thread are honest and how much are what people wish were true. I envy those of you that are passionate about your work. I'm proud of the effort I put into the work I do, but it's not my passion in any way.

I'm going to agree with Coiled03 - My daughter and helping her have the best life possible and really just trying to rack up new life experiences with her. After that I would probably put travelling and my car as distant 2nd and 3rd. I used to be very passionate about music and concerts. I need to try to refocus on that, it's just not very compatible with a young daughter.

Last edited:

92StangMan

Established Member
I used to be passionate about powerlifting but training for 13-years and doing several meets caused me to get burnt out competing. The irony is that when I became burnt out for competing, I lost the desire to train because I had nothing to train for. Now I'm in the process of starting to train again and looking for something to train towards.

Since powerlifting has gone to the wayside, I've gotten into Dutch Muay Thai the past few years. Lately I've been thinking about getting into BJJ because I need something to compete in.

I'm also a huge metal head and passionate about music.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I used to be passionate about powerlifting but training for 13-years and doing several meets caused me to get burnt out competing. The irony is that when I became burnt out for competing, I lost the desire to train because I had nothing to train for. Now I'm in the process of starting to train again and looking for something to train towards.

Since powerlifting has gone to the wayside, I've gotten into Dutch Muay Thai the past few years. Lately I've been thinking about getting into BJJ because I need something to compete in.

I'm also a huge metal head and passionate about music.

I've been lifting for about 11 years, never wanted to try and compete, but give a lot of credit to those that do. Definitely a lifestyle. I personally never get sick of lifting, always look forward to the gym. I guess because a lot is my get away from every day stuff. It's my time. I feel some type of self accomplishment once leave.

92StangMan

Established Member
I've been lifting for about 11 years, never wanted to try and compete, but give a lot of credit to those that do. Definitely a lifestyle. I personally never get sick of lifting, always look forward to the gym. I guess because a lot is my get away from every day stuff. It's my time. I feel some type of self accomplishment once leave.

Competing in powerlifting was a turning point in my life. Not only was I able to network with several people, some even well known people within the sport, but more importantly I learned how to train, set goals, and reach them, which has carried over into other aspects of my life.

I understand many people do not want to compete but if you ever have the desire or even think about it, you should try it if powerlifting is your thing. The more you compete, the more you will understand training.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Competing in powerlifting was a turning point in my life. Not only was I able to network with several people, some even well known people within the sport, but more importantly I learned how to train, set goals, and reach them, which has carried over into other aspects of my life.

I understand many people do not want to compete but if you ever have the desire or even think about it, you should try it if powerlifting is your thing. The more you compete, the more you will understand training.

I'm past my prime probably age wise. Just turned 36 and age is starting to kick in lol. I do more strength training stuff. I also enjoy golfing, so I have to try and keep my injuries to a minimum. It's something the wife and I enjoy doing together. :)

Users who are viewing this thread