wheel fitment Q's ???

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
i decided that since everybody else was going bigger with their wheels i would switch it up a little bit and go smaller. I was kinda looking for that old school look with stamped steel wheels. sort of like a road course car/ nascar tire setup. I am looking into the cragar 15x8 wheels and was wondering about the backspacing for the front and the back? i would like them to sit almost flush with the fender. Any help is appreciated. here is a link to what the wheel looks like.

Cragar 3425812 - Cragar Black D Window Wheels – SummitRacing.com

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i don't know too much but those wheels with bigger tires in the back and lowered a bit would definately scare off the competition.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
i decided that since everybody else was going bigger with their wheels i would switch it up a little bit and go smaller. I was kinda looking for that old school look with stamped steel wheels. sort of like a road course car/ nascar tire setup. I am looking into the cragar 15x8 wheels and was wondering about the backspacing for the front and the back? i would like them to sit almost flush with the fender. Any help is appreciated. here is a link to what the wheel looks like.

Cragar 3425812 - Cragar Black D Window Wheels – SummitRacing.com

so you bought some boat wheels to stand out??

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
this is the reason i dont post here much. if i had bought them i wouldnt be asking for backspacing and offset would i? :poke: if i had i would already know that. but thanks for your info. :bash:

Lets hear some intelligent answers now. :thumbsup:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
this is the reason i dont post here much. if i had bought them i wouldnt be asking for backspacing and offset would i? :poke: if i had i would already know that. but thanks for your info. :bash:

Lets hear some intelligent answers now. :thumbsup:

so you want to know what backspacing you need for the boat wheels for your car??

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
good luck getting any 15's to fit your front brakes bro...thats why most of us have to run expensive ass skinnies instead of just gool ole welds

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
so you want to know what backspacing you need for the boat wheels for your car??

sorry i didnt want the fr500's that everybody has :rollseyes

and yes it is a GT. All of these guys in here with wheels and nobody has a clue about backspacing and offset?

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
i can appreciate someone wanting to be different so I will share with you what i have learned in my wheel quest. When i was lookng for my Greg Welds Drag wheels, the consensus was that 15x8 you wanted to go with a 5.5in backspace for the rear and 15x10, which I went with, you want 6.5 backspace for the rear. I hope this helps.

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
i can appreciate someone wanting to be different so I will share with you what i have learned in my wheel quest. When i was lookng for my Greg Welds Drag wheels, the consensus was that 15x8 you wanted to go with a 5.5in backspace for the rear and 15x10, which I went with, you want 6.5 backspace for the rear. I hope this helps.

Thank you VERY MUCH for the response. :banana: but what about offset? i have no clue between the difference of offset and backspace. And what about the front?

I hear ya bud.

I love getting responses that address ZERO of the issues I was asking about.:shrug:

yeah, me too. As you can tell.

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
after tons of research. ive come up with this.

anything x8 should be a 5.7 backspace and a +30 offset. for the front

anything x10 should be a 6.3 backspace and a +22 offset. for the rear.

US wheels is the only company that makes that style wheel and do a custom backspacing.

just thought i would let you guys who were interested know. :thumbsup:

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
oh didn't know...i was just assuming...guess i made an ass of just i that time oh well i tried helping lol

Users who are viewing this thread