Wheel hop

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
So I was practicing launching this car on some back roads today and I have horrible wheel hop through first, second and it will hop and then catch and go in third gear. It doesn't spin really bad just wheel hop. From what I have read the remedy for this is rear lower control arms? I was going to take it to the track tomorrow but I am having second thoughts about it. Never really had this issue on either of my foxbodies so I'm not really sure how to go about.

kingnut

Established Member
theres a few threads about this. but i think wheel hop should be under a sticky along with all the other problematic parts.

SicShelby09

Banned
Upper only will stop wheel hop. The lowers will do nothing for wheel hop without the upper. The lowers are good for stopping the axle from moving out of front to back alignment, but not for stopping the axle from twisting. Thats why it hops, the axle loads up in a twisting motion, then when traction breaks it snaps back upright and repeats until you let off.

sb03cobra

Established Member
Upper only will stop wheel hop. The lowers will do nothing for wheel hop without the upper. The lowers are good for stopping the axle from moving out of front to back alignment, but not for stopping the axle from twisting. Thats why it hops, the axle loads up in a twisting motion, then when traction breaks it snaps back upright and repeats until you let off.

:thumbsup:
Installing a Roush upper control arm/mount cured my wheel hop issue!

Users who are viewing this thread