Votes: 40 27.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
03cobrablack said:
Has anyone installed these yet with AFS 10.5 replicas and Goodyear GS-D3 315's yet and did you have to shave the IRS bolt (and if so how much??)

If you can wait untill I get home and get my 315s out of storage, I will let you know. I had some IRS bolts shaved from a local machine shop for me already. I will install the bolt and try to get the wheel on before I put the LFP spacers on to see if it fits.

It will be another week or so before I do it. :rockon:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Narcosynthesis said:
If you can wait untill I get home and get my 315s out of storage, I will let you know. I had some IRS bolts shaved from a local machine shop for me already. I will install the bolt and try to get the wheel on before I put the LFP spacers on to see if it fits.

It will be another week or so before I do it. :rockon:

Cool I will check back...thanks..

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Lethalchem your camero looks sweet!

03cobrablack said:
Has anyone installed these yet with AFS 10.5 replicas and Goodyear GS-D3 315's yet and did you have to shave the IRS bolt (and if so how much??)
I put them on my car last tuesday, but I had to hold off on the AFS 10.5s so they are currently on my stock wheels. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, as obviously they arn't an issue on the 17x9's.

Albert SVT

Established Member
03cobrablack said:

Just installed them last night with a pair of AFS 10.5s and 315 BFG drag radials. Cleared the IRS bolt on the passenger side, but my driver's side bolt hit on full suspension extension. On the ground it didn't touch. I'm going to grind down the bolt though to be safe.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Albert SVT said:
Just installed them last night with a pair of AFS 10.5s and 315 BFG drag radials. Cleared the IRS bolt on the passenger side, but my driver's side bolt hit on full suspension extension. On the ground it didn't touch. I'm going to grind down the bolt though to be safe.

Cool, thanks. I think the BFG's are about the same width as the Goodyears....do you have any pics of your car with the spacers on????

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Canoodler said:
...since hubcentric ones fit into the hub a little bit, will they still make the wheel stick out an extra 15mm?
Yes. A 15mm flat spacer and a 15mm hubcentric spacer will move the wheel out the same 15mm distance.

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
03cobrablack said:
Has anyone installed these yet with AFS 10.5 replicas and Goodyear GS-D3 315's yet and did you have to shave the IRS bolt
If your car is not lowered, 3/8" spacers should work with 315 GS-D3s and AFS 10.5" wheels. You'll still likely need to machine about 1/4" off the tops of both IRS bolt heads or they will hit the sidewall of the tire when the rear suspension is unloaded. Several people are running this combination.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I just switched to AFS 17 x 10.5's on the rear with Nitto 315 drag radials. I previously did the Steeda subframe bushings which come with the button head bolts. The tires were still really close so installed 1/8" spacers. Problem solved.

Albert SVT

Established Member
03cobrablack said:
Cool, thanks. I think the BFG's are about the same width as the Goodyears....do you have any pics of your car with the spacers on????

Sorry, no pics as I'm out of town right now.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Albert SVT said:

How do you "grind" down the bolt?

SONICSNAKE03

Established Member
i am gettin 17x10.5's on my cobra aswell as 315 bfg drag radials. i heard that the bfg's are alittle wider than most dr's. exactly what will I need to fit these things?price? not to jack ur thread, just curious.

pvteye

Established Member
17 x 10.5 " with 315 BFG's DR with 3/8" hubcentric spacer and extended reach lugs worked fine on the passenger side on mine, driver's side sidewall rested on the IRS bolt at full travel with the same setup. Ground the bolt a bit.. but eventually...just got Nitto's 315/35 x 17 and no clearance issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread