Wheels and tires.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I do have a complaint......If you guys are going to butcher my car like that please work on your photoshop skills.

(j/k)

Blackcobra

Established Member
Congratulations, I've read 300,000 posts on this board and that one just moved to number one....

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Originally posted by Got-Cobra?
Nice but how about lowered just a little with stock Chrome 17 X 9 wheels?!?!

Also can you do one more with the 18" Cobra R's but with the powder coated black ones like on the Kenny Brown Car?

You Da' Man Ripper!

LOL.. Doh my bad ! I didn't even read the full thing ! There ya go !

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
hey Z062002,,,does your cobra feel quicker than you z06???!! With that pulley and chip, it must be a rocket now!!

Hey COBRyan!,

The Cobra is pretty strong now, gonna say about equal at this point. I will be taking the Z out to the next Midnight Mayhem drags and see what she does against these BAD AZZ Stangs.

:beer:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
Also keep in mind that unless you change pressure, the contact patch may not be improved even with tire widths larger than the 275's. Point is, without the engineering savvy and instrumentation of the chassis engineers, changing the stock setup out can be a slippery slope.

Cobra03,

Is this because the rear tires are "canted" a bit? If so, would changing the offset help? If not, would adjusting the rear alignment help the suspension geometry, or do you need to change the actual suspension components (arms and so forth)? Also, if you change the components, do you need to replace the half-shafts due to the new size of the IRS components?

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I do have a complaint......If you guys are going to butcher my car like that please work on your photoshop skills.
:lol: AMEN! Man, call in a graphic D.

I have a complaint also; if you guys are gonna post pictures of my girlfriend please cover up hers shoulders!.
:lol: Better yet!

cubes

Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
Z06_2002

I went back to the stock setup as it did handle better overall. I had the 18" Chrome Saleen wheel with 265/35/18 (P-Zero) in front and 295/35/18 in the back. The car will need to be lowered in order to reduce the gap. In fact I thought the gap looked worse with the Saleen wheels.

The gap will be reduced in the rear but expanded a little in the front.
Here are the tire diameters in inches.
Saleen front 265-35-18 = 25.3
Saleen rear 295-35-18 = 26.13
front/rear stock 275-40-17 = 25.66
my favorite rear315-35-17 = 25.68
Almost the same as stock so no speedometer problems.

I would like to see a 315 size tire on an IRS cobra. I thought that it would hit the bolt and tailpipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread