Wheels and tires.

Bingo13

Established Member
Z06_2002

I installed the chrome wheels off my Saleen to see how the car looked and drove. I went back to the stock setup as it did handle better overall. I had the 18" Chrome Saleen wheel with 265/35/18 (P-Zero) in front and 295/35/18 in the back. The car will need to be lowered in order to reduce the gap. In fact I thought the gap looked worse with the Saleen wheels. If I can find the pictures I took at NTB during the swap I will pm them to you.

Last edited:

Morgan

Established Member
I read the same about the 17" wheel being optimal for handling the twisties, I suspect the '00 R had 18's because although it is street legal, it's purpose built for the race track, and ride comfort was less of a concern than with the '03. Anyhow, in response the original post-these are my personal favorites:
www.fikse.com FM/5
1sml.gif

and to add that touch of ABSOLUT individaulism...
upgrdnew2.gif

Pimpin' ain't easy( but Daytons help) :p

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
I am in love with the Pirelli P-zero Corsas listed on the KB page.

I did some research and i don't see our stock size...

What size rim and what size tyre would most emulate our stock setup?

I'm going to do a set of black powder coated rims with these Corsas if I can make em work.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
yeah the fikse FM5s are awesome, i was going to get a set when i had my supra TT (18x9/18x11) till they priced out at $5000-6000 with tires. i think the guys name is wes, not sure though, but his screen name is WA 2 FAST, has a lot of nice cars including a 5.0 LX hatch with FM5s (17s). i was thinking of going with the American Racing Torque thrust IIs (polished) 18x9.5 up front, 18x11 out back, maybe 265s up front, and as big as i can fit in the rear 315??

Rwick7

Established Member
I agree the Fikse FM-5's are so so so sweet. But 1000 a wheel...wowow..that's alot of mula

Steve B

Established Member
This place is probably worth a phone call.

http://www.kodiakmotorsports.com/

On their home page they show a nice twisted spoke design which would look nice with both sides rotating the same way. Since they are all custom made, don't see why they couldn't do that.

cubes

Established Member
Last edited:

SB 03

Established Member
the only other cobra i saw arround here, the guy put 18" cobra r rims on, looked pretty tough

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions, pictures and links. Talk about choices. Wow those lowered rides look way cool.

:beer:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
hey Z062002,,,does your cobra feel quicker than you z06???!! With that pulley and chip, it must be a rocket now!!

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
Nice but how about lowered just a little with stock Chrome 17 X 9 wheels?!?!

Also can you do one more with the 18" Cobra R's but with the powder coated black ones like on the Kenny Brown Car?

You Da' Man Ripper!

Cobra'03

Established Member
18's were stated by Coletti as negatively affecting the handling. C&D found this out in a test a few years ago. The larger rims (18 and bigger) have a really different moment of inertia profile - unless the suspension is radically changed, handling can be negatively affected. Also keep in mind that unless you change pressure, the contact patch may not be improved even with tire widths larger than the 275's. Point is, without the engineering savvy and instrumentation of the chassis engineers, changing the stock setup out can be a slippery slope.

Users who are viewing this thread