Wheels for the 66 coupe

Aceswild 02

Established Member
I think I finally decided on the wheels for my 66. They are LT-III's by Team 3 wheels. Will be going with 17x8 and 17x9s.

Here is a quick photoshop of them on my car for reference.

Thoughts?

lt3chop3_zpsa53bcdd8.jpg

Andy

Aceswild 02

Established Member
Polished lips, yes. The centers come painted an argent silver color. I think they will look good that color, but can always have them powder coated or painted over later.

flS/R

Established Member
those look like the mini-lite wheels used in the 60's. They give the car a nice look. The 17x9 wheel is a little big, have you done anything to your rear wheelwells?

the magnums you currently have look really good as well so I look forward to seeing how the stance looks with these wheels

Aceswild 02

Established Member
those look like the mini-lite wheels used in the 60's. They give the car a nice look. The 17x9 wheel is a little big, have you done anything to your rear wheelwells?

the magnums you currently have look really good as well so I look forward to seeing how the stance looks with these wheels

Whoops, I meant to put 17x7 and 17x8. Ive rolled the rear fenders a little because the 245/60s rubbed a tad on the driver side after dropping it 2". The 245/45/17s are almost the same exact overall size as the 245/60/14s im currently running.

Thanks, I really like the magnums too. I will probably keep them, even after getting the new wheels.

Dieselmanri

Established Member
I like them!!!!
I was going to mention about the 17x9's needing to have some work done to the wheel wells also. I had to do some work to fit mine!
g

Mulldune

Established Member
They look ok , but I have always liked the factory styled steel wheels on these

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
They look similar to my Vintage Wheel Works V48s. Mine are 17X8 front, and 17X9 rear. But, my '70 has a lot more room in the wheel wells than the early cars.

d6vll.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think they look really good. Very appropriate for that gen Mustang IMO.

sscobra

Established Member
May I suggest PS Engineering wheels. They are great quality and you would buying from the man that made the GT40 style wheels for Eleanor. Phil is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy. I think they may have different finishes as well.

480_Jasons_mustang_007.JPG

Also, I believe the V48s that Powershift03 has are at a better price pint than the Team III wheels (may be wrong).

I've been thinking about these for my 66 as well.

Last edited:

sscobra

Established Member
These might look good as well. They have a magnum 500 or styled steel wheel look to them. You could color match the centers or paint black(like 500s),or blue or red (like styled steel).

480_RSR_GT350_930_007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread