..:: When a 3.0L whipple isn't enough....go 4.0L ::..

TheSVTKid

Established Member
More Lightings and Cobras need these 4.0L Whipples. :)

This car previously had maxed out the 3.0L Whipple, and needed more.
So with the 4.0L strapped down on it, and the new dual inlet we made a hit.
I was uber impressed with the results.

We are still waiting on the new 115mm Throttle Body,
So these pulls are with the VERY restrictive 92mm Fast Unit

Jackson Sandcar
427 LSx
4.0L Whipple and 22psi of Boost
160lb Injectors
E85 Fuel

Yes, she is on E85 fuel! And soon we will be converting all the sandcars from 112 to E85.
Since its helping aid in "intercooling" over the course of the long days on the sand.

Remember this HP number is through a ALBINS transaxle.
So add about 250hp to the numbers, because of that.
Anyone thats around these cars knows how much power the trannys eat.

Hope you enjoy!
EA

PS: Once the 115mm Throttle Body Gets here, I'll swap to a smaller pulley, and update this thread.
Plus we kinda wanna take it to the track and make a 1/8th Mile hit just for fun, and video :)

4Lwhipple01.jpg

4Lwhipple02.jpg

4Lwhipple03.jpg

4Lwhipple_dyno.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NateV8

Established Member
That looks sick! But wouldn't it be better to have the filters a little farther away from the blower, that shit has to get hot as hell.

TheSVTKid

Established Member
That looks sick! But wouldn't it be better to have the filters a little farther away from the blower, that shit has to get hot as hell.

After playing in the sand for hours, nothing is cool on these things.
Motors, brakes, radiators, everything gets pretty roasty.

Thats why I have to be so "soft" on the tunes. However the E85 has helpped out a lot. Plus this car has a intercooler heat exchanger the size of the radiator. (You can see it in the photo)

wow thats awsome and some very good #'s....got any vids of it in action?

There are some on the net floating around. We have some here at the shop, and I will have more when we play with it at the track. Just been to swamped to update anything on the website.

However last weekend, with the old 3.0L maxed out on E85. With 4 people in the car, on FLAT ground from a 65mph punch in 4th.... it will go strait up so hard you have to lift, cause you'll tag the skid plate so hard. Now that its making the 900 ft lbs of TQ down low... it will be easy to control the rolling wheelie at pretty much any speed, even with a full cabin of people.

EA

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
And then KB will come out with a 4.8L Blowzillamonstertwin-screwsupercharger and claim it's better. I love competition. :D

A 4.0L blower would be ridiculous on a Terminator.

TheSVTKid

Established Member
And then KB will come out with a 4.8L Blowzillamonstertwin-screwsupercharger and claim it's better. I love competition. :D

We have two coming with 8.3L whipples. :) The were both N/A before BBC motors, and we showed them the "light" of Boost. Now they are hooked. So imagine what those cars will be making. :)

Damn that is insane!~ I would drive that shit on the street until the cops stop me

You mean like we did about 2 months ago? :)

sandcar_opps.jpg

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
Something to the tune of "You better get this thing off the streets and into a trailer before I start writing up tickets that will amount over $1000. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread