When do order banks open for the 2014?

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
I remember reading some posts about the order banks for the 2014 opening in November but couldn't find the threads about it. Is November still accurate? Thanks in advance.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I remember reading some posts about the order banks for the 2014 opening in November but couldn't find the threads about it. Is November still accurate? Thanks in advance.

I haven't been on here much in awhile. I take it something went wrong with your order from way back?

Snoopy49

Established Member

Chris, did you get more recent news than this?

Ford Cars Build-out and Start-Up Dates

Build-outandStart-UpDates.gif

Snoopy49

Established Member
The link you show is dated Sept 18 the one I posted says "Data verified October 10, 2012". Which is right?

USV8PWR

Established Member
This isnt directed towards you- but I'm not sure how many times I have to say this.

That information is for the non-GT500 mustangs.

The GT500 order bank will open later, like March later.

That doesn't make much sense to me Chris; where did you get your info and how recent is that? That table clearly shows the order banks for the 2014 Mustang will open in Nov. 2013 with orders stopping for the MY 2013 next week. Not sure why Ford would differentiate between Shelby's and Non-Shelby's. With a build out of MY 13 during the middle of January being confirmed on here several times by you as well as others, by March they'll be already building the 14's much less opening the order banks! Guess we'll see if I'm wrong or not, but I'd error on the conservative side especially if she wants to get a 14.

1320Nut...If your 13 car is for sure a lost cause now, I'd be blowing up the phones on the 14. Apparently, as you probably already found out from your dealer, several hundred 2013 allocations won't be getting built this year but are rather being pushed into MY 14 and will be built before any other 14's. If you had a legitimate order (SVT CAN confirm your dealer paid the fee...just got to talk to the right person. And there is a link somewhere on here that you can type in a zip code and find a SVT dealer which also would confirm your dealer paid their fee) and yours is not being built as a 13 it will get pushed to a early 14. BUT, I'd still be calling around if I were you to try to get another allocation for a 14 since your dealer was 0 help the first go around. I ordered from a very small dealer in AL which has 0 pull and is probably 1500 miles from you. But they will have a 14 allocation, and I'm sure it's still there. If you are interested let me know and I'll put you in touch. :rockon:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
That doesn't make much sense to me Chris; where did you get your info and how recent is that? That table clearly shows the order banks for the 2014 Mustang will open in Nov. 2013 with orders stopping for the MY 2013 next week. Not sure why Ford would differentiate between Shelby's and Non-Shelby's. With a build out of MY 13 during the middle of January being confirmed on here several times by you as well as others, by March they'll be already building the 14's much less opening the order banks! Guess we'll see if I'm wrong or not, but I'd error on the conservative side especially if she wants to get a 14. :

The GT500 production has historically started behind the rest of the mustang line up.

The 13 for instance- All other mustangs could be ordered 3 months before the GT500. They also began production 3 mos before.

Based on what I- and others have heard - you wont be able to order a 2014 Gt500 in 2012- and most likely in March.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It looks like the Canadians will get heated seats as standard equipment with both Standard and SVT PP packages.
Horsepower and torque to be determined.

91svtbird

Established Member
It looks like the Canadians will get heated seats as standard equipment with both Standard and SVT PP packages.
Horsepower and torque to be determined.

Yes still not available on the Recaros though according to page #3 in the 2014 GT500 Equipment group order guide...too bad.

Recaro® Leather Sport Seats – 4-way manual (driver) 2-way manual (passenger)
Note: Not available with heated seat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread