When do the order banks close for the 2014 Shelby?

USV8PWR

Established Member
All allocations are done. done. done.

We are in the final 2 weeks of builds, and my guys up there tell me the line shuts down before Thanksgiving, and thats the end of the S197.

If you want a GT500, you better start turning over every rock you can find. A dealer may tell you they can still get one built, but they are completely full of shit if they do say that.

^^^This!!

ah... finally they put an end to it LOL. There are plenty on the lots, so no need to fear. As long as you are willing to travel you can pick one up at MSRP or below. Don't be afraid to fly in and drive her home, but up north where the deals are good... you better get moving because the snow will be coming in another week or so!

Plenty on the lots? As long as you like black you are correct.

Wow! Glad I was able to order mine when I did. I wonder where the last one will end up.

You are very lucky!

As I said in my FUTURE VALUES thread...the 2013/2014 Shelby GT500 was built for a short time period of only 1 year, 8 months. AND they severly limited how many they built through awarded allocations, not actual customer orders. There are going to be many, many folks who wanted to order the most powerful Mustang ever built but for personal or other financial obligations they could not get their finances together in time. Now these people will fight over the few hundred that are not sold. And when those are quickly bought up, they will look for the clean, well maintained used ones.

Ford did not build this model for way too long (think Z06 and no HP increase for 8 years!!) or overproduce them during the short build period, so why would anyone think that they will be easy to come by on the used market?

conceptmachine

Established Member
usv8pwr,

Here is a quick link. New Ford Mustang - in 50261 - on Cars.com

Looks like a lot to me...and lots of differernt colors. This is just one place. Check ebay and the like.

There is no doubt in a year or so they will all be sold. Of course over 8,000 of the 2013/14 made, there should be plenty to go round on the selling block. As much as camery and accords, NO, but they will be found at decent rates. For the first 5 years they should be fairly easy to find if one is willing to travel to get them. In 10 years harder...but still out there. No doubt the car will hold a decent value, but don't EVER expect a full return on the car, even with low mileage. If there were 500 total made then yes, you'd get your money back. Try counting to 8,000.... thats a hell of a lot of cars. Don't get me wrong, I'd like mine to be worth a ton too...but its just not the case.

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Can't use cars.com as an example of how many are available. When I was looking for a car, I found quite a few that were sold long ago but kept the ad up to draw a potential customer to inquire.

14GT500Robert

Established Member
Any changes or updates on final official cut off Order date , anything official from ford, my dealer said he is checking for me.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread