• Gimme dat money bebe

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Depends on location and money.

If someone offered both myself and my wife comparable salaries we make here to move to say, DFW, it would definitely be a huge consideration. That's about the only place we have considered going to. Anywhere else, it would need CONSIDERABLY more salary wise, and I highly doubt most other areas would offer that.

I love this place, love who I work for and like my industry, and its provided me with huge potential opportunities for both personal and financial growth in the next few years. But it puts home ownership and other ventures (ie having a garage to play with cars n shit again) on hold until those opportunities come to fruition, for both me and my wife, especially as homes are increasing in price almost exponentially here. When we moved here in '13 we found a few 3br/2ba homes for high $300/low $400s. Those same homes are easy $650-700k now. A 2br/2ba apt down the street from us was $140k, now its $350k.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Well this thread took a left turn last night lol.

I'm in the coastal region of SC. Grew up here. 100% over populated for the infrastructure and filled with yankees who don't want to build anything but houses and line their pockets with tax dollars.

Carpetbagger is a very real term in this day and age

We're Mustang drivers and there was a crowd to the left.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Well this thread took a left turn last night lol.

I'm in the coastal region of SC. Grew up here. 100% over populated for the infrastructure and filled with yankees who don't want to build anything but houses and line their pockets with tax dollars.

Carpetbagger is a very real term in this day and age

Your post tells me two things. #1 excellent time to be in the sewer and water pipe business there. #2 no rebel locals are smart enough to realize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machdup1

Established Member
If you and yours can tune into what a place has to offer, move. It’s a big world out there with much to see and do. See it and do it or live with the regret of not doing it.

CV355

_
Established Member
I think, and this is totally just a guess based on observation, SC in general isnt necessarily over-populated. It's just the infrastructure is WAAAYYYY behind in the ability to support the residency. Thus making things far worse then they are.

In general no, and your observations are spot-on. What makes it infuriating is that the roads to get anywhere run through those areas with poor infrastructure. Traffic light after traffic light. One dingleberry at a sidestreet stops traffic for 50 cars. People get backed up and don't leave room in intersections- before you know it, traffic is near gridlocked. I am convinced that Rt123 is one of the worst in the country due to the poor layout and idiot quotient, and I've driven a lot of roads.

Subdivisions... Anthill subdivisions everywhere. Little 2 lane road, five 150+ subdivisions will go up and then they wonder why the 4-way stop up the street is backed up for miles every morning and afternoon.

I don't like it here in general but family is here, job is secure, and taxes are low. I'll retire in the desert someday.

smitty2919

Established Member
It will always come down to a persons interest and priorities. Some chase money, some chase environmental things like weather/city life and some do it for a new challenge.

Some chase money and sacrifice a lot to get as much as they can when they can.

In the end, if you aren't pushed outside your comfort zone, you can't grow.

Users who are viewing this thread