When Running A Stiegemeier Ported Eaton

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
vetkilr said:
Im talkinga bout ones ive seen not read about...........

They were all #2,#6,#5,#3 :beer:
Were there any common issues with these failures ie. aggressive tuning, N20 malfunctions, operator error?

Are you running colder plugs for 7 & 8?

BTW Bob, I'm getting some slack from another tuner for running .037 gap on my TR6's as you suggested. He's claiming this is a dangerous gap. Please reassure me.

SA SNAKE

Established Member
Great post. I wish I had this before I bought my 60's/SCT MAF/BAP etc... But I guess it will all work out for me when I upgrade the blower or nitrous.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
RUgoinup? said:
Were there any common issues with these failures ie. aggressive tuning, N20 malfunctions, operator error?

Are you running colder plugs for 7 & 8?

BTW Bob, I'm getting some slack from another tuner for running .037 gap on my TR6's as you suggested. He's claiming this is a dangerous gap. Please reassure me.

Been think about the plug thing for awhile.

My tuner also said you would have to be crazy to run that big of gap for this application.I might go back up a lil though we are at .31 now with BR 7s :beer:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
RUgoinup? said:

If you don't get spark blowout at the high rpms or low rpm hesitations/surging isn't the ideal gap the highest you can get?

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
vetkilr said:
Been think about the plug thing for awhile.

My tuner also said you would have to be crazy to run that big of gap for this application.I might go back up a lil though we are at .31 now with BR 7s :beer:
I'm running 15lbs, although it's w/out a ported blower and w/out an SCT Big air MAF. I figured if Stiegemeier recommends .037 gap for 15lbs, it doesn't matter what mods you're running. Last night I went to a .035 gap. I haven't had the chance to drive it yet to check drivability.

antex said:
If you don't get spark blowout at the high rpms or low rpm hesitations/surging isn't the ideal gap the highest you can get?
I don't know? From the responses I got in regard to the 15lbs/.037 gap, you'd have thought the motor was going to blow any second. :shrug:

dynobobstieg

subtract .001 of plug gap for every additioal 20 HP
(example: +60 HP N20 go- minus .003 gap)

Tuning Tip: if running 17#s of boost and up-I recommend a BP7EFS NGK this is a non-resistor colder plug.
At 15-16 #s boost you can run this plug in cylinder 7 & 8 your hottest running cylinder.
If you experience Spark Plug Blow out at this recommended plug gap- reduce gap by .002

Users who are viewing this thread