When would you start getting worried?

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I've got an idea, contact the local DA an Police in his area and setup a sting. Purchase the Blower again under someone elses User ID and have a Certified Mail / Signature Required delivered by the cops. They arrest his ass as soon as he signs for the Fake Check for Fraud, Mail Fraud, Larceny and anything else they can think of.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Great job Lash. I've heard about you on corral, often wondered what you do, and constantly hoped I never needed your services. But I'm damn glad to know that it might be a possibilty, if the need should ever arise. Hope this punk gos down big time...striker

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
I've got an idea, contact the local DA an Police in his area and setup a sting. Purchase the Blower again under someone elses User ID and have a Certified Mail / Signature Required delivered by the cops. They arrest his ass as soon as he signs for the Fake Check for Fraud, Mail Fraud, Larceny and anything else they can think of.

+1

i believe a sting is in order here. i'm not exactly sure what a mail drop is anyways--just a mailbox where this guy picks stuff up from. i would hire a private detective or go to the cops (whoever is willing to do the sting), and have someone offer to buy the re-listed blower, send this guy a bad check, and just sit outside this maildrop and wait for the **** to pick up the package

CbraSvt01

Banned
I need everyones help with this, and I will be totally greatful.

I have filed a report with www.ic3.org....a division with the fbi. I aslo called and left a message for a private investigator on NYC. I will contact my cyber division of my police department and see where i can go with this.

I need more info on this guy, im assuming everything i have is fake. I have mapquested this mail box drop so it exists. My question is this...if it is indeed a mail box then it has to be at a place of business for example a post office. It hast to registered to someone so maybe thats a way to get info. Also I need to talk to my bank tomorrow and see if i can figure out where this check was cashed and find out the account holders name.

sb03cobra

Established Member
CbraSvt01 said:
I need everyones help with this, and I will be totally greatful.

I have filed a report with www.ic3.org....a division with the fbi. I aslo called and left a message for a private investigator on NYC. I will contact my cyber division of my police department and see where i can go with this.

I need more info on this guy, im assuming everything i have is fake. I have mapquested this mail box drop so it exists. My question is this...if it is indeed a mail box then it has to be at a place of business for example a post office. It hast to registered to someone so maybe thats a way to get info. Also I need to talk to my bank tomorrow and see if i can figure out where this check was cashed and find out the account holders name.

Please if you haven't already done so, email ebay and let them know about this scum!

There is no way he has 2 Whipples new in the box to sell. Two weeks ago he also sold a KB kit that was new. No feedback from that buyer and with private bidding, you can't get in touch with them either.

Good Luck!

CbraSvt01

Banned
a+ post net mail recieving services
130 church st.
box 136
212 608 8870

John Aviles
71 lexington avenue
NY, NY
201 434 6406

my budd seems to think this is him

Im wondering if this post place will have any info on this guy.

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
Crazy! for alittle more money you could have bought it from a vender! I paid $2900 Shipped for mine! Best of luck. I feel bad for you.

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
I wonder what the chances are that he is reading all these posts? If he even knows about Whipples, etc. it tells me he might be a Cobra fan and may even have a login here. I want to see this guy caught so maybe you guys should be careful about the things that are being said here, whos's doing what, etc. so it doesn't tip him off. Maybe you should do it all by PM and let us know how it turns out when it is over.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
evans03c said:
I wonder what the chances are that he is reading all these posts? If he even knows about Whipples, etc. it tells me he might be a Cobra fan and may even have a login here. I want to see this guy caught so maybe you guys should be careful about the things that are being said here, whos's doing what, etc. so it doesn't tip him off. Maybe you should do it all by PM and let us know how it turns out when it is over.

+1 i wonder if he is on this forum

this is a bit off topic, but i would gladly pay at least $10 into a large slush fund every year. we can call it a scammer's fund, and use it as a way to reimburse those extremely unfortunate individuals who get ripped off. there are 40,000 members on this site, and i'm sure plenty would ante up $10 for this 'scammer's insurance'. and if you get screwed buying something automotive related you could file a claim with a committee on this site which performs a review of your claim and rewards you money.

it is now obvious that this guy is unfortunately getting screwed here. $2700 is a ton of money for most people. sure, people will say you should have done this, or you should have done that, but the bottom line is that 99.5% of the time, these transactions go just fine. this $10 for the scammer's insurance does not have to be mandatory to join the site, just an option--i would pay up at least $10 a year in a heartbeat--anybody have any thoughts??

texaswrx

Established Member
It's great to see the best come out of the community to help those that have made a mistake. Props to all, and I hope you get some recourse

danny03cobra

Established Member
dude, i just bought a accufab T/B on ebay and paid the day auction ended paypal. The dude had the same T/B for sale the next day!! i emailed him and he said it was hes friends, i filed a claim through paypal. beware of scammers on ebay, i thought i wa protected with paypal, but they only cover up to 200 bucks and they charge a 25$ handleing fee.http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smile/cwm23.gif
:fm:

CbraSvt01

Banned
I would be more than willing to start the fund. I mean i know I made a mistake, and believe me I will not make it again. This is sadly consuming me all day and ever day....it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I have filed a police report as well as with the FBI on www.ic3.gov. However, im pretty sure im screwed out of this money. My wife hates me right now... all because I didnt pull my head out of my ass before making this transaction. $2,700 is a massive hit for me right now.

I will be the first to start his scammer fund if the idea ever goes through.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
sb03cobra said:
Please if you haven't already done so, email ebay and let them know about this scum!

There is no way he has 2 Whipples new in the box to sell. Two weeks ago he also sold a KB kit that was new. No feedback from that buyer and with private bidding, you can't get in touch with them either.

Good Luck!
And I will forever wonder where the hell eBay's brains are for even allowing Private auctions. If people want to keep their identity private (seller OR buyer) it is often for a not-so-good reason.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For the record, this scumbag never responded to my email. And I made it VERY clear I was SERIOUSLY interested in his item. Maybe he got spooked! He might be more of a pro than we realize! :-(

CbraSvt01

Banned
Dosnt ebay have any of his information. Technically I was the second highest bidder on that auction. I was outbid at the last second....he then emailed me and said the winner backed out and if you want its yours.

Do you think ebay would protect me? Is there a number to call?

Users who are viewing this thread