Where are Forgestar wheels made?

alcarames

Established Member
Where are Forgestar wheels made? I called them directly, spoke with Steve who says he is the sales manager. Steve says they are 80% made made in the US. But he admits the wheels come already formed in what ever size and design, such as F-14's from a foreign country. They are painted and bolt patterns drilled here in the US only. How is that 80%? Also, he wouldn't tell me what country they are made in. Anyone know?

alcarames

Established Member
I don't know about Latin America. The way the manager put it, they are overseas materials. Doesn't anyone want to know where these wheels are made? I found it funny that the guy refused to tell me. He said I could've been a competitor, but he told me where the Iforged brand is made. So that didn't make sense to me. I'm guessing its china or Taiwan or something.

Zemedici

Established Member
is this purely a curiosity thing? Or a 'cuz america' kinda deal?

What's it matter, I guess is what i'm asking.

alcarames

Established Member
I did speak with Paul from HI, he didn't know either. I already own a set of cf10's and I think they are quality wheels. However, I want to know where they are made specifically. It's not a "Murica" thing. When I bought the wheels there was no stamping on where they were made which made me curious.

Now I'd like to buy another set and happened to ask that specific question and find it funny they refuse to tell me. If it is China or Taiwan just say it, people will still buy the wheels. They are quality.

Zemedici

Established Member
I did speak with Paul from HI, he didn't know either. I already own a set of cf10's and I think they are quality wheels. However, I want to know where they are made specifically. It's not a "Murica" thing. When I bought the wheels there was no stamping on where they were made which made me curious.

Now I'd like to buy another set and happened to ask that specific question and find it funny they refuse to tell me. If it is China or Taiwan just say it, people will still buy the wheels. They are quality.

fair enough :beer:

Let us know when you find out, you've peaked my curiosity as well.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
man you are dealing with some dumb people. everyone knows they are made at the forgestar factory ;-)

Thalilbear02

Established Member
They're rotary forged in Anaheim, but the barrels are brought in from a source who manufacturers barrels at a high quality. Does it really matter where they came from to begin with? So many people have purchased them, they're extremely popular and for most people affordable. I've been selling Forgestars for 4 years so I know them quite well, but for the most part, 80% is indeed made here, that's why when you import them into another country the build stamp from where they are produced will always say United States.

I'm curious though, why do you really want to know? Will it really change your mind into not purchasing given how many people have ordered already without knowing let alone asking?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
They're rotary forged in Anaheim, but the barrels are brought in from a source who manufacturers barrels at a high quality. Does it really matter where they came from to begin with? So many people have purchased them, they're extremely popular and for most people affordable. I've been selling Forgestars for 4 years so I know them quite well, but for the most part, 80% is indeed made here, that's why when you import them into another country the build stamp from where they are produced will always say United States.

I'm curious though, why do you really want to know? Will it really change your mind into not purchasing given how many people have ordered already without knowing let alone asking?

I don't know abou the op but there are a LOT of people who want their shit to be 100% Made in the USA. I would PREFER my shit be 100% made in the USA but sometimes the good ol' USA just doesn't produce what I want so I have to settle for something else.

bottom line yes it matters to some, a LOT.

alcarames

Established Member
I want to know because I happened to ask and no one knows, Paul told me to call forgestar directly. I did and spoke with the sales manager there who point blank refuses to tell me where they are made. That peaked my interest even more. What's the big secret? It's good there is a part of the manufacturing process done here in the US compared to other brands which are 100% foreign. Thalilbear I already own a set of CF10's and no where on any of the wheels does it say where they are made.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Honestly it is starting to seem like they are trying to cover something up or are ashamed that they are made outside of the U.S. I own a set of CF5V's and love them and will definitely consider them when I need new wheels. It's just odd that they won't say.

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
I bought a set of CF5's from Paul at Howie Industries over a year ago and couldn't be happier. But I suspect that the barrels may be sourced from overseas (China or Taiwan) and they would rather not advertise that fact.

I know from personal experience that China has historically had issues with proper heat treatments for steels as well as precipitation hardening processes to temper aluminum alloys in this case. The raw material is probably fine and typically conforms to rigid JIS standards, but the post processing of the material has always been the biggest issue in the Far East, and those processes need to be closely scrutinized and managed to ensure that no short cuts are taken.

Justin81

Established Member
The information of who supplies blank barrels for there in house rotary forging is what's called "propitiatory information." They have no obligation to reveals sources of there manufacturing process to anyone outside the company. They are a full manufacturing facility in CA and have taken the time to explain that 80% of the work is in house. They may get blanks from Indonesia. Those blanks may be 10% usable core items that they have to go to town on to turn into something. That makes it an American Product all day. If they had to make the blanks from raw materials your wheel prices could go up by 30-70%. Than your next post would be why are Forgestars so darn expensive? Or why did Forgestar go out of business? It's no different than calling and asking where are they buying the Powdercoat from that they use to powder the wheels? It's intrusive and no ones business.
It's like going into ACME Supermarket and asking who there Acme brand Suppliers are.

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
The information of who supplies blank barrels for there in house rotary forging is what's called "propitiatory information." They have no obligation to reveals sources of there manufacturing process to anyone outside the company. They are a full manufacturing facility in CA and have taken the time to explain that 80% of the work is in house. They may get blanks from Indonesia. Those blanks may be 10% usable core items that they have to go to town on to turn into something. That makes it an American Product all day. If they had to make the blanks from raw materials your wheel prices could go up by 30-70%. Than your next post would be why are Forgestars so darn expensive? Or why did Forgestar go out of business? It's no different than calling and asking where are they buying the Powdercoat from that they use to powder the wheels? It's intrusive and no ones business.
It's like going into ACME Supermarket and asking who there Acme brand Suppliers are.

I dont see it as an intrusive question at all. Some people like myself would much rather pay more money for a 100% US product than less for a partial US product. It is a thing many people do not think about but keeping money in our own country is very important to many people.

Jabooh1

Established Member
I work for an oil and gas operator. We trace our steel to the mill where it was formed. It is a valid to ask what country the blanks come from. It would not be valid to ask what company the blanks come from.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
]

horseshit .. that is all

Users who are viewing this thread