Where are the 1st and last production Terminators?

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Bringing this back up because they posted the VIN for Larry's cobra in that article above. Ran OASIS on it and it came back with an April 1st build date.

One more piece of inconsistent info.

nooner

Established Member
Bringing this back up because they posted the VIN for Larry's cobra in that article above. Ran OASIS on it and it came back with an April 1st build date.

One more piece of inconsistent info.

The article says that as the last Cobra, it was assembled on March 31 2004. No wonder there are so few 2004 Cobras. Seems 2004 was a short production year whereas the 2003s were introduced early so it was a long production year for 2003.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
iirc there were three build "runs". two of them were the 2003 model and the final one was all 2004 my

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
The first ones built were probably test and media cars. I just happened to be working in the ford plant the weekend they built the first GT500's. We were there making repairs to the factory. It was really cool, they brought in all the ford employees who were mustang enthusiast and they got to assemble the cars. Later that day they were all lined up in a row. Then that night a handful exited the building and down the short road to the on ramps and disappeared. When we came in the next day some were getting the engines pulled and swapped out. If the Gallery was working I would post the pics we took with a cell phone camera. Since I don't work for said company any more I guess I could post them. It was on easter weekend too

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Is this a brushed aluminum Supercharger cover , like the one above?
http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/3059/photos/3272212#14

It's not "brushed aluminum, it is just un-painted. They are steel. Same for the Cobra that was Job #1...

Here's what they look like when stripped (but not polished):

P1010958.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread