where can i get a front bumper license plate frame?

01SVT2894

Established Member
currently the car just has two screws holding the front plate to the bumper. it would be nice to do it right, since i have to do it. where can i get a license plate frame for my front bumper?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
No holes in my front bumper was one of the reasons that really pushed me into buying this 93 Cobra. I hate front license plates. Thank GOD my original owner in NV didn't have one.

01SVT2894

Established Member
No holes in my front bumper was one of the reasons that really pushed me into buying this 93 Cobra. I hate front license plates. Thank GOD my original owner in NV didn't have one.
one that sucks about Missouri... i'll have the car back there in a few weeks, so if i have to have a plate, might as well do it so it isn't tacky.

Titanium 5.0

Oh Oh.. 5.0!
Established Member
how does it stay on?

It screws at the top of the front bumper and underneath. Right above the air dam. If you don't want to drill the two holes in the front you have the other option of simply attaching it from the bottom two that tuck underneath. This way you can remove the frame for shows and not have those two annoying holes on the front cover.

drkhrse

Established Member
I made a braket for mine that mounts to the real bumper behind the cosmetic one. I also made it easly removable with a couple of quick release pins. On for street off for race/show.

Black306

Established Member
currently the car just has two screws holding the front plate to the bumper. it would be nice to do it right, since i have to do it. where can i get a license plate frame for my front bumper?

Out of topic. Nice Cobra in your sig. ;-) :lol:

02.jpg

93 COBRA

Established Member
I made a braket for mine that mounts to the real bumper behind the cosmetic one. I also made it easly removable with a couple of quick release pins. On for street off for race/show.

I need to do the same. Front plates are req'd here and there is no way I'm going to drill holes in the bumper cover. "Knock on wood" I've gone the last two years without getting stopped for not having one on any of my vehicles.

drkhrse

Established Member
I need to do the same. Front plates are req'd here and there is no way I'm going to drill holes in the bumper cover. "Knock on wood" I've gone the last two years without getting stopped for not having one on any of my vehicles.

I got pulled over a couple time's, stupid law, My motorcycle and my classic dont have to have them.

stangbear427

Established Member
CT law requires a front plate. I've been driving in this state for almost 20 years, been pulled over literally dozens of times, and never once have they even mentioned my lack of a front plate. I'll be damned if I put one on. That being said, my Cobra had one when I bought it, so anyone looking for a used frame...

Users who are viewing this thread