where did the terminator get its name

69clark

Established Member
Not 100% sure but I always thought it was fords code name for it while they were developing the car.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
69clark said:
Not 100% sure but I always thought it was fords code name for it while they were developing the car.

+1 Pretty sure some of the panels have a TERM sticker on them.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
Comming straight out of Frank Moriarty's book Iron Fist Lead Foot

"The Focus and the '03 Cobra were concurrent, and they were the first SVT programs that had code names," notes team manager Goffi, "There were some names thrown out there that were kind of soft, and a couple of other guys threw out a couple of other things. But we said, 'No, we cant have anything like that --- it's gotta be something that siginifies its just going to kill everything!' And Im pretty sure (SVT engineer) Dave Dempster said something like 'Commando' or something like that -- and I said, 'Naw, its gotta be something stronger than that. How about Terminator?' And it was, 'Oh--OK!' And it kind of stuck."

:thumbsup:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
SSSNAKE03 said:

"The Focus and the '03 Cobra were concurrent, and they were the first SVT programs that had code names," notes team manager Goffi, "There were some names thrown out there that were kind of soft, and a couple of other guys threw out a couple of other things. But we said, 'No, we cant have anything like that --- it's gotta be something that siginifies its just going to kill everything!' And Im pretty sure (SVT engineer) Dave Dempster said something like 'Commando' or something like that -- and I said, 'Naw, its gotta be something stronger than that. How about Terminator?' And it was, 'Oh--OK!' And it kind of stuck."

Well that pretty much puts an end to that debate.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
WhippleBlowJob said:
Haha BUUUURRN!! :burn:

It's because Arnold Schwarzenegger was the test driver for the 03 Cobra maiden test drive. :thumbsup:

No Burn, it's actually correct either way according to Mr. Webster

SVT04

Established Member
All of the above is very funny ,but it isn't true.
Terminator was an in house name John Coletti coined during the development of the 03-04 Cobra. Previous to that they (SVT Etc.) had been disappointed with the Cobra's performance. Coletti and the SVT crew were determined to bring the Cobra's performance to a new level and "Terminate" the competition. Hence the name for the 03-04 Cobra development program...Terminator. The name appears on some of the parts stickers on the 03-04 Cobra. :burnout:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
EDIT: I guess Svt04 is right.

Last edited:

taco

Banned
SVT04 said:
All of the above is very funny ,but it isn't true.
Terminator was an in house name John Coletti coined during the development of the 03-04 Cobra. Previous to that they (SVT Etc.) had been disappointed with the Cobra's performance. Coletti and the SVT crew were determined to bring the Cobra's performance to a new level and "Terminate" the competition. Hence the name for the 03-04 Cobra development program...Terminator. The name appears on some of the parts stickers on the 03-04 Cobra. :burnout:

so i was kinda right then...sweet

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
SSSNAKE03 said:

awesome book

Users who are viewing this thread