Where Do I Fill The Tranny Fluid On My 2012 MT82?0

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Been reading alot lately about the mt82 tranny issues and thought id take the opportunity to change over to the redline mtl when i do the first engine oil change just wondering where the oil fill plug is? is it a pain in the azzz to get at? and if my research is correct im suppose to put in 2.7qt right? thx

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
its on the passenger side of the car on side of the transmission, you cant miss it really. it takes a 8mm hex key/socket to remove. yes 2.7qts

SicShelby09

Banned
Just open your center cubbie door and pour it in. The trans is in that general area below it, and Im sure the fluid will get into it somehow. Or you can pull off the shifter handle and boot and dump in down there. Thats connected to the trans, so it has to get in through there. In all actuality, I have no focking idea where the fill is. I just wanted to be a little sarcastic this morning. Hope someone actually knows....LOL

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
it's marked on the passenger side of trans, you need a good 8mm hex socket to break it loose the first time and without a pump it will be very messy trying to fill with a hose. I'm running royal purple 75w90 but thinking about changing to red line also because of the cold weather here and being hard to shift.

wbt

Banned
Or you can pull off the shifter handle and boot and dump in down there. Thats connected to the trans, so it has to get in through there.

Please do not do this. The shifter is a remote assembly. Not like the T-5/T-45 days.

The easiest way to fill is from the top. Take the center console top off, slide a hose down between the shifter boot and the body and into the fill hole. Be careful not to spill any gear oil inside the car as that smell will linger for a long time.

Another option is to get a hand pump from the parts store and use it from underneath the car.

2.7qts. will do nicely.

SicShelby09

Banned
Please do not do this. The shifter is a remote assembly. Not like the T-5/T-45 days.

The easiest way to fill is from the top. Take the center console top off, slide a hose down between the shifter boot and the body and into the fill hole. Be careful not to spill any gear oil inside the car as that smell will linger for a long time.

Another option is to get a hand pump from the parts store and use it from underneath the car.

2.7qts. will do nicely.

I know. I was just joking around. But yes, back in the day you could actually fill the trans from there ironically enough. But it entailed taking the shifter assembly out. And it was a few minute job.

:beer:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
did the tranny fluid swap to the Redlione MTL and all i can say is WOW, immediate difference, its still a bit notchy but its noticeably smoother, i noticed immediately and after some spirited driving i definately reccomend swapping to the Redline MTL trans fluid!

Users who are viewing this thread