Where do you go from here?

robvas

Established Member
Well I guess my question to you is. Do you actually race, like track? Or do you “street race” ? Or do you just do the occasional pulls in the street?

Just **** around and drive it twice a week

It's a vert so it can't run at the track without a cage. Already has an SRA.

LS WUT

Established Member
Just **** around and drive it twice a week

It's a vert so it can't run at the track without a cage. Already has an SRA.
Ahh, that’s right it’s a convertible. I was about to say we need a cage down here at like 9.50’s or so.

I’d say anything really over 550hp, or close to 600 is tough to launch on the street. Rolls of course is a matter of power.

robvas

Established Member
Ahh, that’s right it’s a convertible. I was about to say we need a cage down here at like 9.50’s or so.

I’d say anything really over 550hp, or close to 600 is tough to launch on the street. Rolls of course is a matter of power.
Exactly. If I could put the power down in first gear...

Rambro

Established Member
Do you run slicks? If not then I’d say you have no chance of hooking in first from a dig. And even with slicks you may need traction compound, and a burnout to hook.

robvas

Established Member
Do you run slicks? If not then I’d say you have no chance of hooking in first from a dig. And even with slicks you may need traction compound, and a burnout to hook.
No, just a 315/35-17 drag radial. I might try another tire setup in the summer. Launching a stick sucks

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
e85 and a blower is always the correct answer. Load a few tunes and swap pulleys as needed. Don't worry about others. Your shit is class LOL that you should care what a teenager in a financed hellcat is up to.

Rambro

Established Member
e85 and a blower is always the correct answer. Load a few tunes and swap pulleys as needed. Don't worry about others. Your shit is class LOL that you should care what a teenager in a financed hellcat is up to.
This. E85 and put some real timing in it. I also say enjoy the exclusivity of your car. Hellcats and Coyote cars are everywhere, and I personally prefer the looks of a terminator over both.

LS WUT

Established Member
This. E85 and put some real timing in it. I also say enjoy the exclusivity of your car. Hellcats and Coyote cars are everywhere, and I personally prefer the looks of a terminator over both.
When in doubt, buy both :)

Attachments

• IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 32

LS WUT

Established Member
Suspension, and some fancy foot work man. Get used to the clutch, and run some better drag radials. My Redford that made a little over 700 was useless from digs on the street unless we had some good juice for street hits. My rolls were from 60 or so. Mostly 60-150. Even then sometimes she just didn’t wanna hook up.

I also agree with others here. Cobras are unique and you don’t see to many of them, especially not convertibles with power mods. Coyote’s are everywhere. I have had a few myself. I’d never coyote swap a cobra, but that’s just me. If you want something that will be competitive and gap shit. Sell your cobra and throw a coyote in a foxbody with a built 6r80 and you’ll do work.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I hummed and hawed about putting in A coyote when I bought my 4V, cost was pretty close at the time but coyotes just don’t feel right in this format. A 4.6 4V was born for it. Now in my ‘70 Bronco might be a different story when the time comes

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I hummed and hawed about putting in A coyote when I bought my 4V, cost was pretty close at the time but coyotes just don’t feel right in this format. A 4.6 4V was born for it. Now in my ‘70 Bronco might be a different story when the time comes
I actually bought a 01 cobra specifically to coyote swap. After much thought, I ended up going back with a 4v. I can make a 4v perform close to a coyote with some weight reduction but there is no way to make a coyote sound like a modular so that was my weird reasoning.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I actually bought a 01 cobra specifically to coyote swap. After much thought, I ended up going back with a 4v. I can make a 4v perform close to a coyote with some weight reduction but there is no way to make a coyote sound like a modular so that was my weird reasoning.
The sound is a big part of it for me too. I also don't care for the look of the coyote engine as much. I am not going for max performance, just a weekend summer cruiser that may surprise the odd Hellcat or Camaro

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

that's not weird, coyotes sound like ass.

01yellercobra

Established Member
IMO most sound horrible because the owners think loud is good. There are a lot of guys around here that basically run straight pipes thinking it makes them faster. But I know of a couple that sound decent.

One guy swapped a Coyote into a 93 Cobra with a Whipple. It sounds good and is fast as hell.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
IMO most sound horrible because the owners think loud is good. There are a lot of guys around here that basically run straight pipes thinking it makes them faster. But I know of a couple that sound decent.

One guy swapped a Coyote into a 93 Cobra with a Whipple. It sounds good and is fast as hell.
I think muffler placement on the fox/sn chassis does help with the coyote sound. But nothing matches the sound of a 4v with borla exhaust.

Rambro

Established Member
Coyote firing order is different from a modular and mufflers are at the end of the exhaust. When I bought my 15 gt it was bone stock and the exhaust was silent. I almost ordered resonator, and muffler deletes, but at the last minute I just went with the muffler delete. Glad I didn’t do both. Wayy to loud, especially on cold start.

robvas

Established Member

Local dude...

Have talked to him a few times he seems alright but I live almost a mile from him and can tell you when he starts his car.

He didn't believe me that I was only in the high 500's because i beat him prettty good but he is on 20" tires and just flat out couldn't get traction under 75mph. 6R80 car with an gen 2 VMP and aluminator. Said he is making 725.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They sound like shit when some fck head teenager cuts off the mufflers. Youre a grown up, don't worry about that shit.

The answer is a coyote swap with a single turbo. You have enough room in the engine bay in that car. The turbo will muffle the sound plenty and actually make the thing sound pretty damn good. Not 4v good, but pretty damn good.

Twins I can't necessarily recommend because there is just too much going on... 2 of everything (turbos, waste gates, endless intercooler plumbing, oil lines, etc etc).

Users who are viewing this thread